AH FabricationsBadger5
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: So fed up!!

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77

    So fed up!!

    Car has been in Audi over a week they have replaced the inlet manifold and knock sensors and still the hesitation issues are still there. I've now been told I need to put the car back to stock (again more of my time to drive 120 mile round trip) as they want to replace the ECU and can't until this is done. If Audi uk see see its mapped then this will get thrown out of warranty!

    What do I do??? Get it back to stock and kick up? This is my 2nd brand new s3 in 9 months as the first one only lasted 250 miles with a faulty mecatronic unit (totally standard)

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,122
    i would bite the bullet and get it back to stock and see where you get then
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!


  4. #3
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Put it back to std mate otherwise they'll wipe their hands of you you could end up with some massive bills and at worse a knackered unfixable car.

    What mods have you got on it?

    Best of luck getting it sorted, what the hell is going on with new S3's at the moment?
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    Put it back to std mate otherwise they'll wipe their hands of you you could end up with some massive bills and at worse a knackered unfixable car.

    What mods have you got on it?

    Best of luck getting it sorted, what the hell is going on with new S3's at the moment?
    Have revo stage 1 then changed to MTM stage 1 a month ago. Issues were there way before the MTM so not that so maybe revo or could be manufacture issues??

    What's the problem with the newer S3 that people are having?

  6. #5
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Misfires in the main.

    It wont be a Revo issue, as with the new MTM mapping tables having been overlaid there will be no residual code, and it won't be the MTM map either.

    The codes tend to accentuate base issues with the cars and effectively amplifies them.

    I was going to map mine this week (at 500 miles on clock), but given some of the issues ive been reading about I want to know the car is sound before I touch the engine / ECU.

    I wonder what has led them to replace the bits they have, I'd have looked at coil packs, plugs, injectors / fuelling first. Unsure how inlet manifold will resolve hesitation???

    Who is your tuner? May be worth them running some logs before it goes to Audi to see if they're missing something. Sometimes their meddling can do more long term harm than good.

    Best of luck mate; heart breaking with new cars, and so much fanning about.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  7. #6
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    Misfires in the main.

    It wont be a Revo issue, as with the new MTM mapping tables having been overlaid there will be no residual code, and it won't be the MTM map either.

    The codes tend to accentuate base issues with the cars and effectively amplifies them.

    I was going to map mine this week (at 500 miles on clock), but given some of the issues ive been reading about I want to know the car is sound before I touch the engine / ECU.

    I wonder what has led them to replace the bits they have, I'd have looked at coil packs, plugs, injectors / fuelling first. Unsure how inlet manifold will resolve hesitation???

    Who is your tuner? May be worth them running some logs before it goes to Audi to see if they're missing something. Sometimes their meddling can do more long term harm than good.

    Best of luck mate; heart breaking with new cars, and so much fanning about.
    A guy on here had the same issues and the inlet sorted it. The tech said the inlet flap is managed by the ECU hense why the issues are still there with the new part.

    It's had new plugs, injections flush etc. The hard thing is is no fault codes, apart from showing faulty knock sensor when in at Audi which they also replaced.

    I hope when back to stock the issues come back after a few days.

    Will QST who are the mapping company have different equipment to check etc?

  8. #7
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Quote Originally Posted by ramos333 View Post

    Will QST who are the mapping company have different equipment to check etc?
    Kim should be able to run the car with VCDS attached and do some data logging (if you tell him you issues he may know which are the best measuring blocks to log). For more info see here: APR - High Performance Development for Audi, VW and Porsche Vehicles.

    Can't promise it will give you the answer, but it may at least provide some pointers as to which parameters are out of range. Have Audi just checked fault codes (static) as opposed to doing logged runs?
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    131
    Warren - I know it's only been 500miles as you say but have you had any issues with your new car as of yet?

    Mine is supposedly arriving in Jan/Feb but with all these issues that have arisen in recent weeks, I'm slightly worried to be honest.


    Andy

  10. #9
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Only a freak issue where for 2 days the PDC screen decided to go AWOL on RNSE.

    Other than that it's been ok, but it's not been over 4k revs yet!

    I have some very good and capable people on tap for issue diagnosis but I'm not starting out with a dog as I have plans for her.

    I'm watching with as much interest as you. Wonder if TT-S owners are suffering any issues.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  11. #10
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    A change to NGK from Bosch was a real revelation to my car, its an absolute peach now ...It was missing and jerking with Bosch from 1400miles from new, it just seems to get smoother and quicker every time i drive it now.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    Only a freak issue where for 2 days the PDC screen decided to go AWOL on RNSE.

    Other than that it's been ok, but it's not been over 4k revs yet!

    I have some very good and capable people on tap for issue diagnosis but I'm not starting out with a dog as I have plans for her.

    I'm watching with as much interest as you. Wonder if TT-S owners are suffering any issues.
    Ah so not doing so bad then, early signs are good!

    Haha...treating her well it seems :D

    When you do start your modding trail (S2+ going off your sig), I'd massively appreciate it if you could detail any problems you come across (hopefully none!) as I'm planning on going down the same route.

    And actually, whilst I've got you here...just want to thank you for your posts in general...always informative and always make for a good read

  13. #12
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    A change to NGK from Bosch was a real revelation to my car, its an absolute peach now ...It was missing and jerking with Bosch from 1400miles from new, it just seems to get smoother and quicker every time i drive it now.
    Is it the NGK PRF or BKR plug you are running now Paddy?

  14. #13
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Hi andy
    I am using PFR7S8EG which is the std heat range. when i think back to all the problems i was having i never thought a simple switch from Bosch to NGK would be the answer but i did test the old plugs on a Megohmme tester which checks leaks to earth and while under normal test conditions the bosch plugs were fine, i found that putting 500v through them was enough to cause a 500 meg ohm leak to earth on two of the four. Its not a lot and would allow the spark plug to work under light loads but show fault under boost/higher compression where the resistance across the air gap of the electrode would increase. I would say that as the fault started to show on two plugs at just 2500 miles from new and within a few weeks of the remap they simply couldnt cope with the increased boost although quite small on a stg 1. rather than having two faulty plugs i suspect they were just not up to the job from std.
    HTH and keep us informed as you go to stg 2 mate
    Cheers
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  15. #14
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Quote Originally Posted by andywaddy View Post
    Ah so not doing so bad then, early signs are good!

    Haha...treating her well it seems :D

    When you do start your modding trail (S2+ going off your sig), I'd massively appreciate it if you could detail any problems you come across (hopefully none!) as I'm planning on going down the same route.

    And actually, whilst I've got you here...just want to thank you for your posts in general...always informative and always make for a good read
    A pleasure mate, and when I start properly getting her sorted I'll start a defined build thread which will include all the worst and ugly bits, the trials and hopefully the fixes! I'm not really a numbers man (e.g. Dyno), I tend to go for butt dyno feel as the numbers can be baffling.

    In a thread about spark plug temps we had an MTM owner on here with misfires, just like the Revo folk so in my mind it's not the maps causing the problem (when the right maps are on the right cars), but I think Paddy has shone a light with these plugs as they seem to outperform the Iridium equivalents due to the construction / materials of the plug suiting the car more (Iridium will last longer but due to the expense of the material costs it questionable that it's actually a better plug as it seems the PFR plug has a better internal construction.

    Revo HQ and APS will be taking care of build & development duties, so I'll make sure they help out with pictures, explanations and fact finding etc.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77
    Car is now running completely standard and SAME problems are still there!! This has been going on now since July and i'm really tempted to reject the car as it's turning me mad!

  17. #16
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,029
    Give Brett Butler a shout, he had similar problem, they tracked it down to a minor head hairline crack iirc, so my aftersales manager friend advised me, this was after many things changed also iirc, they apparently changed head & problem solved, check with Brett though as he may have updated/more info, but his was fairly new & stronic iirc & was present with/without/before map, but worse with map.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  18. #17
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Think Brett still has the problem, its cured with new plugs but they are only lasting about 300 miles before the light comes back on.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  19. #18
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,029
    Really, I will give him a shout tomorrow, also talk to my dealer buddy see if its been back in.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  20. #19
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Hi Ramos, is it worth paying an Indy for an hour or two to see if they can get a sense of what's wrong. Worst case Audi may peel the car apart and it may never feel 100% again. When they changed my clutch, dmf and rear diff it never felt right afterwards (always a bit of noise from it).

    At least if you have some sense of what the issue is it might be worth the 100 quid to make the decision to reject or continue fixing.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Fed up with PS3
    By NineNails in forum Video Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th September 2011, 11:45
  2. Fed up with the smell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By montebaz in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th June 2011, 09:07
  3. Getting fed up
    By smudge_don in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 27th August 2010, 16:59
  4. FED up of the SNOW now !
    By redrumakamurder in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16th January 2010, 01:53
  5. Just fed up..!!
    By Sinny71 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23rd May 2007, 12:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO