Passenger seat - what are these metal things...?

skempster

Reaction score

I'm sure these weren't there when I picked the car up 4 long weeks ago....

Passengerseat1.JPG

Close up:

Passengerseat2.JPG

Has anyone else got these?

Cheers for that.

Spot the people w/o kids on the forum.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Are they usually so visible tho? Are they adjustable?

Yes normally visible and no not adjustable, fixed in.

Oh and I don't have kids either... Not that a kid will ever get to go in my car bad enough having my mates in there

J.

Every A3 produced has these and they are great!.
I had to pay extra for them in my A4 but you try finding an S4 with them in!...grrrr...
These hooks mean you dont need to use the seatbelt to fix a childseat in and it takes literally 2 secs to fit.
The ones in the front seat do stick out a bit and are less prominent in my A4 but you would never actually sit on them anyway. Dont complain, its a £70 option on the A4 still!

The Isofix package is optional atleast here in Finland, even though I did go for it..

But the good thing is that I haven't found them to disturb me at all. Not atleast after the first time I saw them when I thought them to be a bit too visible. I suppose you get used to them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Every A3 produced has these and they are great!.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm tellin ya, I don't have them. 04 model, built in March 2004. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have them in mine - 05 SE model, built July 2004.

I have a light grey interior and they hardly notice.

[ QUOTE ]
I queried this when I collected the car.
Very unsightly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif
Every passenger I've had in the car has hesitated and asked that they are before getting in.
They're not visible on the back seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they're that noticeable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just tell the passengers that it's a bondage thing and they're for strapping the wench in place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I have a child,but don't like the metal fittings on the passenger seat either !
I prefer my child in the back.