Tips, Tricks and the A3 Sportsback

jjchomsky

Reaction score
Thought of starting a thread in regards to little tihngs that we have found out about the A3, be it something smart (ish) or lack of reading the manual in detail...

For a start, i have the Nav+ and i have stored as top destinations the speed cameras. Basically they show up as red boxes on the screen(well there are yellow in real life), but the seem to show clearly when driving around. (you need a someone to store them on location while driving around)

Another thing i have been trying to do is STOP the CD/MP3/Radio, basically simply have the Nav on but no music whatsoever... any ideas?

thanks
jjchomsky
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to load user defined POI files (Points Of Interest)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it should be feasible to enter coordinates as destination points, without actually travelling to those points. Let me expand:

When you're in nav mode, with the map on, if you push on the large round knob you get the crosshairs (like a target), and the coordinates show up. If you then turn the knob, it pans left and right. Push the knob again and you can pan up and down. The whole time, coordinates show up. So if you have a map with the location of the POIs, and their coordinates, you should be able to precisely enter the POIs into your system.

Before a trip, I imagine you could even program your route with successive stages (étapes - how do you say that in English?) so that Ingrid (the navigator) would warn you of a reached destination.

My wish would be to convert a radard/laser detector's signal and feed it to the MMI via the Tv option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif. And better yet, feed a performance meter (à la G-tech) 's signal to the MMI. I'll give 50 pounds to the person who figures that out for me.