Need Help with buying new S3 s-tronic plus picking the right colour.

RedDejavu

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnytree.co.uk
Hi guys,

Happy days for me I decided to go with S3 rather than megane 250 rs and therefore would be nice to get some ideas of what can I get for ~28k mark.

I aim to get as a must:
S-tronic
Black Edition
Black or white

Optional:
Comfort pack
buckets
etc.

and now what kind of milage should I expect according to the spec above? 5-6k? Would it be fair price to pay? Shall I hold of till next year and buy once the prices dropped or buy one before Christmas? Any advise would be way appreciated as I got really confused and have no experience in terms of S3 prices and pricing.

I've been told by a Audi stealer's padawan that the bucket seats do have a massive impact on residuals and its hard to sell the car once specced. Wonder how much of that is real.

Other thing is I cant 100% decide what colour I want either. Most of the time I want Ibis white but then black is superb (solid) not really keen on the panther black due to being metallic and it looks dull sometimes. Would white do the job you think or go with the black and sod all:D.

For all the purists:).Hope you guys dont mind my poor grama but this is due to English not being my native language. Therefore for any mistakes I hereby apologies.

Just for a laugh. Slough Audi offered me a finance option where I would pay 43k in total for a brand new S3 S-tronic. Wonder why does everybody think I'm dopey little fat thick pr.... :]. Even though I told him I want to buy nearly new S3 with cash!

Wolverhampton Audi have a 60 plate Non Black Edition car with a massive spec, inc Buckets.. £27495

Vehicle View - Audi S3 2.0 T FSI quattro S Tronic 265 PS - Wolverhampton

Below taken from the ad.........

Radio/CD BOSE Sound System
Mobile Phone Preparation - Bluetooth
DVD Satellite Navigation System Plus
quattro Permanent Four Wheel Drive
18In Alloy Wheels
Sports Suspension
Power Steering
Electronically Adjustable And Heated Door Mirrors
Electronically Folding Door Mirrors Fully Body Coloured
Rear Wash Wipe
Pearl Effect Paint
Front Fog Lamps
Steering Wheel Leather
Climate Control
Cruise-Control
Front Armrest
Vanity Mirrors
Front/Rear Electric Windows ??? - not sure about that!
3-Spoke Flat-Bottomed Multi Function Steering Wheel
Air Conditioning
Rake/Reach Adjustable Steering Column/Wheel
Heated Rear Screen
Interior Light Pack
Comfort Pack
Xenon Headlights With LED Daytime Running Lights
Acoustic Parking System Rear
Tyre Repair Kit
Child Seat Fixing
High Beam Assist
Anti-Lock Brakes
EBD ESP ASR
Electronic Stability Programme
Front & Side Airbags
Front Bucket Sports Seats
Heated Rear Seats
Driver/Passenger Heated Seats
Driver/Passenger Seat Height Adjustment
Black Fine Nappa Leather
Split Rear Rear Seat -
ISOFIX Anchorage Point

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Other thing is I cant 100% decide what colour I want either. Most of the time I want Ibis white but then black is superb (solid) not really keen on the panther black due to being metallic and it looks dull sometimes. Would white do the job you think or go with the black and sod all:D.

Have you seen panther black in the flesh? It is actually a crystal paint and the colour effect under sunlight or even street lighting is amazing. I've had more positive comments in two weeks than I got from Dolphin Grey in 4.5 years!

Nicked from another site:
Xirallic[SUP]®[/SUP] and Colorstream[SUP]®[/SUP] effect pigments are responsible for the extravagant interplay of Black Violet’s intense glitter in sunlight and spectacular color travel in shady light. Audi plans to launch the color under the name “Pantherschwarz Kristalleffekt” (“Panther Black Crystal Effect”) - manufacturer BASF Coatings.

Obviously I'm not suggesting you should buy it as I'd rather it stayed rare(!), so go for flat black (although treat it with extreme caution as you see so many black cars with really strong swirl marks).

Or go for white and have an easier life!