Speed warning -please make it stop !!!

Mark_N

Reaction score
Changed the clock in the car while on the move this morning...suddenly after doing it everytime I go over 35mph I get speed warning in the dash and a beep...EVERY ****** 10 SECONDS when I go over 35!!

Surely you can't even switch on the speed warning from simply turning the small stalk coming out of the clock?

It's a '04 with the computer display...

HELP!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I don't know what car you have but I'm sure it's covered in the manual. It was in both the TT and S4 manuals.

A3 TDI sport...I haven't had time to look in manual, in work til 6.

Just was trying to find out if it's even a turning of that stalk that turns the warning on so I would know if I could've done it or if it's a fault,

Mark,

If it's the speed warninng 1 thenit resets itself when you turn the ignition off. If it's speed warning 2 thats coming up you can turn it off by entering the DIS menu (press the reset button once quickly and the menu will appear. Then just scroll through til you find it)

J.

Yep was speed warning 1 - good to know it's gone so!

If you press the stalk in once, the same stalk that adjusts the time it will bring up a yellow speed sign in a circle. Once this comes up press the stalk again and it should then show two yellow lines through the circle that should turn it off.

Too late again sorry for being slow off the mark chaps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif