2010 S3 Cruise Control Retrofit

JS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know this is a never ending question, but I have been searching the web over the past couple of weeks to try and find a definitive guide to installation of cruise to a 2010 S3 with no luck...I'm not very good with forums!

To cut a long story short, I have bitten the bullet and ordered the parts direct from Audi at £101 for both the stalk and lower cover. I doubt these parts will come with installation instructions and I cannot seem to find any, anywhere.

Essentially I need to know:

1. installation instructions for the physical parts (I'm not green so this should be straight forward)
2. vagcom coding that needs to be changed (I've seen a few varying codes around!)
3. if the physical parts are installed before the coding, are there any error codes or warning lights that come up?

Audi quoted £113 for labour to install the kit. If anyone has a link to a DIY guide, that would be great!

Thanks in advance for the help!

I have done this install a couple of times... If I get a chance, I will post up a guide or make it into a video as to what to do.

I'm regards to install before coding, it's fine. Iv done it this way and had no problems.

I have done this install a couple of times... If I get a chance, I will post up a guide or make it into a video as to what to do.

I'm regards to install before coding, it's fine. Iv done it this way and had no problems.

Thanks Cruiser - can you send the coding through for the time being?

Much appreciated.

Im in Hartlepool mate, not too far from Bradford and I fit Cruise Control for £50 if you provide your own parts.

Thanks jb0o - a little too far for me!

The coding is:

[Select]
[01-Engine]
[Coding]
[Long Coding Helper]
Find the drop down box for 'Cruise Control Installed'
[Do it!]

[Select]
[16-Steering Wheel]
[Coding]
Change the 2nd to last digit to 4 (Cruise with Board Computer) or 3 (Cruise without Board Computer)
[Do It!]

no probs buddy, i tend to add the 'audi-sport' to my searches on google so it brings up thread here on this forum... best info found here! :)

Thanks all for the help - all installed and working correctly. 3.2 Ju helped with the coding.