Turbo problems

NGP A3

Reaction score
Ok another slight problem i have and want to solve.
Recently my turbo, or rather the car has been going into limp mode. This happens when on the motorway and accelerating in 6th gear, the car pulls but then suddenly shuts down and wont rev over 2000 rpm. Yet if i accelerate in any other gear it will rev fine and wont cut off. If i pull over after the turbo has cut out, switch off the engine and then restart it is fine and works perfectly again. I have read that the turbo can get clogged up and overboost, but i thought it wouldnt work again after that? Mine works fine unless its under load, but after switching on off its fine?
Any help would be great.

Thanks

Nathan

Hmm, sounds like a strange one! Have you recently run the fuel tank very low? Of so I'd stick an injector additive into a full tank of high octane fuel and see if that sorts it out. If not I'd get it checked out by your local (trusted) garage.

sound like shat mine is doing.if I get mine resolve before you ill update this thread.

No never ran it low, always prety much fill up when the light comes on. Iv read about using a turbo cleaner to unstick the turbo, so going to look into this and see if its good. Dont want to be bying endless amount of parts and sensors to find out all it needed was cleaning.

Ah cool thanks Parodox1

Its the dreaded bkd engine, iv read all about the supposed problems but none sem to have a definitive answer other than just get a new turbo. Unfortunately i cant afford that, so i may as well give the turbo cleaner a try.