are these secure does anyone have one?

Can't imagine they are any less secure than a standard plate as it will still have to be screwed or taped down.

Seeing as you can get any plate made up without a V5 surely it doesn't really matter?
If someone really wanted your plate they can just rip the whole surround off.

It is made of plastic. Personally i would say less secure as they can easily be opened just with your fingers even if "locked". At least you will need a screw driver to remove normal plates. If you want to stop somebody removing your plate screw them in as normal then get a larger drill and carefully drill out the the cross section in the head of the plastic screw so the screw cannot be removed with a screw driver. Easy and costs you nothing.

I've got these and I thought the same as you. Personally, once they are on I didn't worry too much. They are not as easy to open as you think but like previous posts, if someone wanted your plate they would take it any way.

New plates on ebay go for peanuts so just go or it!

TBH if you get the right tape, the double sided sticky I use literally requires a blow torch to remove, so for any tea leaf it would take to long to remove from our cars to even bother with, I never use screws anymore, makes it look so, well, crap imho, nice car then horrible plate attachments, never understood audi's thought processs with doing that to a new car.

TBH if you get the right tape, the double sided sticky I use literally requires a blow torch to remove, so for any tea leaf it would take to long to remove from our cars to even bother with, I never use screws anymore, makes it look so, well, crap imho, nice car then horrible plate attachments, never understood audi's thought processs with doing that to a new car.

Agree Nige, day 1 of new car being here I was down Halfords getting new plates and some double sided pads as I hate screwed in plates! OCD yes, but they look gash and they couldn't be easier to nick.