EM TuningVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

are these secure does anyone have one?

is this secure as in my number plate is not easy to get stolen out of
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    has anyone on here purchased one or no any one who has?
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

mods so far - tinted windows, my11 rear lights.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Can't imagine they are any less secure than a standard plate as it will still have to be screwed or taped down.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    Seeing as you can get any plate made up without a V5 surely it doesn't really matter?
    If someone really wanted your plate they can just rip the whole surround off.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    It is made of plastic. Personally i would say less secure as they can easily be opened just with your fingers even if "locked". At least you will need a screw driver to remove normal plates. If you want to stop somebody removing your plate screw them in as normal then get a larger drill and carefully drill out the the cross section in the head of the plastic screw so the screw cannot be removed with a screw driver. Easy and costs you nothing.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

1st Gear

Status
    I've got these and I thought the same as you. Personally, once they are on I didn't worry too much. They are not as easy to open as you think but like previous posts, if someone wanted your plate they would take it any way.

New plates on ebay go for peanuts so just go or it!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    TBH if you get the right tape, the double sided sticky I use literally requires a blow torch to remove, so for any tea leaf it would take to long to remove from our cars to even bother with, I never use screws anymore, makes it look so, well, crap imho, nice car then horrible plate attachments, never understood audi's thought processs with doing that to a new car.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    TBH if you get the right tape, the double sided sticky I use literally requires a blow torch to remove, so for any tea leaf it would take to long to remove from our cars to even bother with, I never use screws anymore, makes it look so, well, crap imho, nice car then horrible plate attachments, never understood audi's thought processs with doing that to a new car.
    Agree Nige, day 1 of new car being here I was down Halfords getting new plates and some double sided pads as I hate screwed in plates! OCD yes, but they look gash and they couldn't be easier to nick.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap