Mpg problem 2.0 TDI

Sheikh

Reaction score
For the past week or so, i've not been able to get anything above 40mpg out of my car! No matter how sensibly I drive, the other day i got 39mpg on a 50 mile trip that i usually get 55mpg on! Any idea's on what this could be? Cause its really starting to wind me up now.

i had a sticking rear brake for a while my mpg went down from 45+ down to at the worst time 25mpg could be a sticking brake one thing to check easy to check after a journey feel the wheel's if one is hotter than the other that is a give away that its sticking or binding how ever you want to word it

I was thinking it could be the fact that its due an oil change in 600miles? But why would the MPG just suddenly drop in the space of a week.

I've just had this on mine to Fran, changed my disks and pads an realised the calipers been stuck on! Need a new rear caliper

have you had the diesel filter changed? i did this on mine with my own service when i was having issues with the car not putting enough power down and feeling very rough... also had low MPG issue... after the full service with oils and filters it all came back to like and felt so good and is now giving me the 60 mpg i am used to :)

I changed the fuel filter and air filter about a month ago, just need an oil change now! Gonna do it at the weekend and ill let you guys know how i get on.