Coding Help, Engine module, coding 11 access key required?

rickypj

Reaction score
Hi, Im retro fitting cruise control to my a3, ive fitted the stalk and coded the steering wheel ecu but im stuck at trying to code the engine module. i understand that i need to change the code in engine 01 "coding 11" but its not highlighted in vcds. do i need to enter a security access pin into it before i can change the code? any guides ive read dont mention any of this.. any body got any ideas??

Is it genuine VCDS ?

You don't say what year your car is but if you have the cable installed between the steering module and the engine module then VCDS should come up with the necessary information without requiring a pin number.

Presumably you have researched all the threads regarding CC to see the basic requirements of hardware ?

Last edited:
Its a 56 plate 2.0tfsi with dis, no multi function steering wheel. i am sure that my steering ecu is the right one, how do i get hold of the security access code anyway to open up "coding 11" in engine 01

I don't know how you get hold of the code mate - sorry ! If the wire is in place between the steering control module and the engine control module then when you access the engine module VCDS automatically displays a number to put in to activate CC. It's something like 11463 but I can't remeber exactly. A little box pops up with two numbers - Cruise control fitted ..... and Cruise control not fitted ......

This is what happened when I fitted CC.

Thanks for your help mike, i will doudle check that i have the correct sw ecu fitted and also for the wire.