Hello people

Triple A

Reaction score
glad to see a site where i can get someones opinion...this is it

i recently put on a set of new tires , Pirelli P zero Rosso's on my S3 2009model and i get this strange humming sound from my front right wheel,
i sent the car for service and have been told the tyre has 2 flat spot as the tyre is feathering.pls any one's help would be aprreciated..

get in touch with the place you bought them from and let them know,i had a similar issue once with goodyear eagle f1's (got an egg on the sidewall (common issue with them))and went straight back to the place i got them from,they called goodyear and i got a new tyre fitted FOC

Had an Astra twintop as my first company car, it was a loaner till my audi comes, but the lease ran out and now i am in a hire car. any way it had a noise on the rear that i would have bet my life was a wheel bearing ( I was a mechanic for 15 years). sent it in for warranty and they said it was a tyre out of true,

no chance i thought, talking cr*p but they were right, apparantly can happen on rear tyres that never carry much load or poorly stored new ones. one new tyre and it was gone, i had no vibrations from it either, just the rumble

hope this helps

jon

yeah i read up bu tstill no clear explanation i can get as to why i mean no accident no nothing and i thought the exact same thing, wheel bearing but turns out its the tyre ...well i guess i just gotta go back to the company and see what can be done...how safe is this tyre in terms of having this flat spot? i dnt wna make it worse off then wt it is