17" five spoke star design alloys

I

imported_migzy

There audi's, do ya recon there worth anything as i'll be selling them soon.

Only 5 months old, perfect condition

Cheers

Migzy

while on the topic of these wheels, does anyone know what the weight of one of these is?

I want to change my 5 spoke star wheels to 18" aftermarket wheels but keeping the weight similar. is there anything else i should look out for on the unsprung weight front, of which i know nothing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[ QUOTE ]
>£4k on wheels?

You're obviously not married /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I'll take one for £150 including tyre for use as a spare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

i'll have to have buyers for all 4 before i can say yes.

otherwise i'll be left without a full set that might be easier to flog.

Cheers

Migzy

Would it fit in the boot under the floor????? If it does then i'd be interested for a good price (2nd hand after all).

Same as what I've got on mine! That's a good start! How many miles (and wheel spins) have they done??

5500 miles. no wheels spins, ain't a boy racer

Cheers

Migzy

put an add in the classifieds section of the board.
Agree that putting them on ebay will get you a buyer without doubt.

They are nice wheels.. for those who need a refresher on what they look like..I have them on my '4'

Audi9-k.jpg

i've put a post on, just waiting for it to be added.

cheers

migzy

nope they do 7.5*18, check my link out and you'll see the sizes for kahns

cheers

migzy

right looks like the wheels will be on Ebay from Monday.

Do ya recon £700 for all 4 is an allright price.

Migzy

You could put them on for £700, but I reckon anyone wanting to spend £700 would by some RS6 style alloys from www.rochfordtyres.co.uk brand new and delivered with good tyres.

When I sold my 17" kraft alloys (similar thing) I ended up taking just iver £400 for them in the end. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Like Mark I always felt that the std sports were a little too fussy for my tastes. Too much spoke and not enough interspoke space. I felt that the stars had the opposite problem in that the spokes didn't quite feel wide enough ie a little bit weedy for the muscular lines of the A38P. Probably just me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I went for the parabolics in the end as they weren't fussy like the std's and the spokes were meatier than the Stars.

In saying that, I hope to put a set of replica RS6's on my A3 by the Summer hopefully. Meaty spokes with some nice contouring and a recessed rim that makes a set of 18's nearly look like 19's. Lovely!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

img_0198.jpg

Agree with Calibos, too much spoke and not enough interspoke space on the std Sport wheels. Reminded me too much of the Ford Puma propellar wheels!

I too narrowed it down to the 5 stars or parabolics, but thought the parabolics were too much like the parabolics they used to fit on early TTs so went with the 5 stars! I love em!

The 16 spokers were too Renault Laguna for me!

Ah yeh remember now...

well the GB never happened for Superchips, I paid E675 all in.

The clutch slip is purely when the oil temp needle is not resting at fully normal. Once it's there, no clutch slip.

All you would have to do it get them to map it as much as they can and then turn it down a bit.

The fun I had on the M50 today I think I'm gonna put up with the clutch slip...!

Yeah, read your post over on mkiv. Sounded like fun! Bet you cant wait to meet a mkVgti.

Seen a few new GTI's at this stage but none on a dualer or motorway and all bar one were driven by females so probably not much chance of an acceleration test anyway even if you or I had met them on a suitable road!

I'd expect to be put in my place regardless but it would be great to see the result of a 194hp 2.0TDI -V- 195hp 2.0T GTI!!

Funny you say that, I have now seen about half a dozen new GTI's and all of them were driven by women.

I wouldn't be so sure about the GTI leaving you, my mate has a 2.0T sportback and the other day we both pulled onto the dual carrigeway (I was in my dsg tdi with tuning box), as we put our foot down he left me by nearly a car length, but as we got to 50 I started to catch him, and by the time we were at 80 I was ahead, by a ton I was nearly a car length ahead.
I was well chuffed, and he was well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He has gone from saying he would never have his car remapped as you might as well buy the right car in the first place, to finding out who does what and how much he can squeeze out of it.

I haven't got the figures to hand but a Superchipped 2.0 TDI is as quick from (I think 50-70 could be a different margin) as an R32. It's less than a second slower in the same 50-70 as a Scooby WRX.

4th really is mental, it's not until around 50mph plus that once you're still flooring it you just say jeeeeeeeesus christ and you start really being shoved in the back.

My first tank since Superchipping I have squeezed just 350 miles...out of a diesel!!!!