Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Engine mounts

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Nath come n sit in mine I've got ths mounts with lower oem mount with powerflex insert, there's a slight vibration but nothing noticeable really
    PM me your number lad.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    ok so the 2 top mounts are on, the dogbone mount was not fitted as the garage checked and said it looked ok, but the mechanic said that he does not know if the large bush comes with the dogbone mount and said that is the culprit! we had the car started and waited until the engine was warm (this is when i feel most vibration) and then had the car up on the lift and here is what is happening...

My Audi :: a693f4ba.mp4 video by itwasntme187 - Photobucket

now it looks bad as the bushes are cracked. now i will be getting the powerflex insert to stop the shaking and have found from the powerflex site that us diesel drivers will need PFF85-504R

as you guys can see my bushes are gone and the mechanic says he will need to get the subframe off to change it... now i wanted to ask you guys that know about this stuff, does this large bush come as a part of the dogbone mount and if not then does the subframe really need to be taken off to replace it?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

4th Gear

Status
    No they come separate. The bush is about 40-50 from audi, and yes the subframe needs to come out. Can be a hard tight fit to get the new bush in

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

ok thanks for that, i guess il get the mechanic to order that bit and il get the powerflex insert and fit that myself at some point.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

4th Gear

Status
    Bumping this one up from the depths...

At the end of all this you went with the THS top mounts & OEM dog-bone & subframe mounts? Whats your opinion on it all, are the vibration issues sorted?
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

No went for the THS top mounts and the powerflex insert. Dropping out the subframe was too much of a job so didn't bother, the powerflex insert is really good. I don't feel any vibration in the cabin anymore, just a noisy diesel engine lol
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    I have a small vibration when the Air Con is turned off as soon as I turn it on it goes .....Do you know what that is Ash ?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

That's how mine started!
    There are a few things you can do to test... For instance tuen off the air con and see if it vibrates when you are on a hill? Like at a traffic light... And then try dipping the clutch and see if it goes away
    does it vibrate jus when stationary or does it feel rough while driving?
    Also do you get any noises in your engine bay like clicking or whining?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    No went for the THS top mounts and the powerflex insert. Dropping out the subframe was too much of a job so didn't bother, the powerflex insert is really good. I don't feel any vibration in the cabin anymore, just a noisy diesel engine lol
    Cheers Ash, just what I wanted to hear... Dropping the subframe out looks like a right ballache so the insert & top mounts sounds like the way to go
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

6th Gear

Status
    which insert did u get yellow or red......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

I got the red one
    tdi-man likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

6th Gear

Status
    fitted red gearbox mount today when changing oil an the ramps nice simple job pushed straight it no problems.
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12