tdi injector duty problem

nokia_aid

Reaction score
iv got a bad/smokey cold start problem with my car,vag com brings up a misfire on cylinder 1 and when i checked injector duty i have

cyl1 cyl2 cyl3 cyl4 measured in mg/str
2.99 -3.01 -0.19 0.14 as it the car got warmer they went to

2.82 1.6 -0.73 -0.45 and then when i had been driving for about half an hour it was at

CYL 1 CYL 2 CYL 3 CYL 4
1.71 -0.74 0.72 0.42

anyone have any idea what could cause this,
iv already tried changing injector 1,

run some injector cleaner through fuel system
ive had a few do this and its due to carbon build up on the end/nozzle of injector
if its a 2.0 tdi then it may need injectors
prefix d and m are the ones at fault

injector loom problem mate im going to change mine it happens because the injector loom wiring overheats and melts because the wiring is runnin so close to the cars head where the boiling hot engine oil is which causes the injector to nozzle and injector to work sluggish showing the cylinder as if its going down but its usually just the loom but if your unlucky then you may need to do the head/full injector

ok i changed the injector loom and that didnt fix it,i also did a compression test and that came up ok,

what else could it be that causes the injectors to do this real bad when cold but then goes within tollerance when engine is properly warmed up

iv just checked and when its totally cold from first start cyl 3 is like it too and cyl 4 compensating
cyl 1 cyl 2 cyl 3 cyl 4
2.99 -3.01 2.79 -2.78

Run injector cleaner, check all connections are clean and getting a good contact on the injectors. Other then that the solinods on the injectors are probably starting to die which means new injector/injectors.