Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Rear Suspension creaking and brake pedal hissing???

I've got a 2.0TDI Sport. Its 10 months old (June 2004) and has 2200 on the clock (No I didn't buy the TDI for its fuel economy!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

Anyway, over the last 2 or 3 weeks it has developed what I believe to be the dreaded rear suspension creaking. Arrrggghhh!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif[/img]

It doesn't creak going over bumps or uneven road surfaces but only when I break and the car tips forward under the breaking deceleration (if you know what I mean??) Does this sound like the recognised rear suspension creaking problem.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the affected and the revised suspension components and links/copies of any audi service bulletins regarding the problem. Its just that I want to go to my dealer/service department fully prepared and not be fobbed off by them.

Something that I just noticed tonight was when pushing the brake pedal while the car was stationary, I could hear a hissing sound coming from the pedal area. Is this normal and something which I just haven't noticed before??

Thanks in advance for any help lads

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: Rear Suspension creaking and brake pedal hissing???

The brake pedal thing is the same on mine, I'm not particularly impressed with the brake pedal feel on mine, been into the dealer twice. Supposedly OK, but a lot of pedal travel in my opinion.