My First A Three

NavA3

Reaction score
Hi the name's Nav

I been floating around on here since about june july this year on here so i think its about time to post up a build.

Well to start i had a VW Golf 1.9TDi 105 DSG
This was my first car and had plenty of fun with it while it lasted

Would have still had it however, after 40,000 first turbo blew then after replacing it and getting it mapped it was on its way out at 60,000 so before it blew another hole in the bank thought it was time to get rid of it after owning it for 2 years.

Before

08092007252.jpg

After some Money Spent

_MG_0774.jpg

_MG_0716.jpg

So when i picked up the audi and dropped of the golf i didn't not look back once lol

Audi is the way forward

so got my self

2007 Audi A3 2.0TDi Sline
Full Leather
18" Sline wheels
52k on the clock
one owner from new

wasn't really specd out as it was a quick buy didn't have enough time to look around as i had to px the golf but for my to be honest it perfect other extras can be added on in time.

Enough Of The Talking

76b438a8.jpg

Already got a list for it
Thanks for looking will keep you all updated :salute:

Last edited:
Well I've been floating around on here since june

previously i owned a VW GOLF MK5 1.9TDi DSG

Long Story Short
It was my first car it was brilliant while it lasted

turbo blew at 40,000 was a set back as it cost plenty to get a new one and get it all fitted

then done some mods

then got it mapped and after about 10 - 15,000 miles bearings became loose :huh: then got it checked out and turns out the garage replaced it with a euro car parts oe turbo. :no:

so i thought forget it not spending that sort of money again

here some pictures

Before

08092007252.jpg

After

_MG_0774.jpg

_MG_0718.jpg

Moving on to bigger and better things

So the only way to get rid of that was to px and as it was nearly about to go pop and to find something quick.

Audi A3 2.0TDi 140BHP Manual 2007
Phantom Black
Full Leather
18'' S Line wheels

not the best specced model but its MINT and extras can be added over time thats the fun of it some could say

but over all its such a better car then the golf and the drive is awesome

enough of the life story

76b438a8.jpg

Gots some plans ready to take place

Last edited:
sorry mate I've been trying to post my build for a couple of days but its been playing up :(

Reactions: neilwaterhouse88
Very nice mate. Get ready to warm up the credit card!

Modding is the best bit. Very addictive tho :)

Nice looking A3 you have there and a nice looking Golf you had too.

What are your plans for the Audi?

Very nice mate. Get ready to warm up the credit card!

Modding is the best bit. Very addictive tho :)

well i wish i had a credit card lol then i can have what i want lol but the debit card is getting rinsed slowly lol

thanks for the comment :)

Nice looking A3 you have there and a nice looking Golf you had too.

What are your plans for the Audi?

thanks mate
well want to get the optics grill but deciding weather to wrap it in gloss black or mat black
and paint the rusty nasty callipers
looking for some wheels
air sometime next year

atm keeping her clean

oh yh and map before christmas :)

my missus middle name haha!:anbet:

loooooool

well soon after i bought the car i didn't feel so comfortable because to met didn't feel clean inside still felt like someone else's car (OCD Kicks in)

got the leather cleaner out

and we got this

b6b2b7f8.jpg

e7bed76c.jpg

Well finally got around to changing my headlight bulbs

so got some Philips Diamond Vision of the bay

here the difference between standard and Diamond Vision I'm sure you can work out which is which

photo1.jpg

both fitted

photo2.jpg

also bought some led sidelights

5led-230.jpg

not the exact ones i was looking for as these where warm white i wanted cool white which is bit more blue they should be coming 2moro

Update

Got my cool white LED's

IMG_21341.jpg

Pressed Plates + Mini Detail

IMG_3222.jpg

Reactions: Taylorstt, N.Singh and Paullie
to tell yoou the truth i bought a pair from ultra led for my golf they and i used them for 9 months and then i put them in the audi for about 6 months then one of them started playing up with the error but bought a new set and they been perfect :)

thats where i got mine from when i had my old a3 06 8p2. u gonmna do interior led upgrade ?

Are you having problems with yours ?

Umm tbh I'm not to sure if I want to do the led upgrade as of yet. I would like the front lighting package(mood lighting). Anyone no where I could locate from?

no mine are cool but in my old car the one from ultra leds where **** and their customer service is even more so. itwasntme may know ihes done the puddle light upgrade.

customer service is very poor because i rang to ask about faulty led and they guy goes you to email and i sent two emails over to space of two weeks and i rang again he said i cant do nothing because its a different department. in the end i just bought two new ones as i needed them asap will not be dealing with them again

Last edited:

thanks a lot for this i forgot the word "ambient" lol

way to dark at night for my liking so need to get me that

it is straight plug and play correct?

been reading a few forums and they say that the diamond vision bulbs output aint that great.. can someone confirm this?
also has anyone fitted philips x-treme vision h7?.. any good?

I've used ring bulbs they where 85w and they where great before i found out about these diamond vision and i think they are perfect imo

IMG_21341.jpg

Do you have link for these ultra white LEDs? love the clinically clean and white look of these lights BTW :)

another update

got hold of an armrest from the bay

soul black + leather
from an 2010 s3 only done 5,000 miles he says
in the pictures it didn't have the side covers but it wasn't written in the description

anyway looked mint he was asking £140
he took an offer of £110

my thoughts happy days

but then i asked after buying if the covers came with it
he said no

rang around trying to find these parts and TPS said you have to buy the complete bottom half :think:

sent a message to nigel (NHN) and within a minute or two he had sourced the parts still worked out to be cheaper (£100ish) then buying a brand new armrest.

communicate with nigel was great, fast response and help, great guy to deal with

will be getting rear lights soon

enough of the chit chat

photo1-1.jpg

used a bolt two washers and a nut

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

so i got around to washing the a3 after a month great seeing it clean

got all the wheels of and cleaned and sealed the barrels aswell came out great also painted the rusty callipers
before
IMG_2962-1.jpg

after
4dc323d3.jpg

will get some proper pics up

also where best place to get brushed aluminium mirrors from?

been nearly a month

after a lot of thinking weather to go for a rnse or aftermarket

i decided to go for aftermarket so headed down to car audio security in hayes and they had many offers going on and i was stunned by the qauity of the pioneer F930bt so i went for it.

i must say it is an amazing bit of kit and can not fault it one bit

images

a good friend of mine helped me do the fitting

and i think we did a pretty good job

GPS antenna

we removed the glove box removed my old parrot kit at the same time as this unit has it already built in and fed the gps cable
853ccc4c.jpg

headunit in and working
14662c07.jpg

a085faa4.jpg

we fe the microphone to the interior light housing where the alarm sensors are so its a very tidy job

will get some more pictures up during the day

hope you all like

Nice bit of kit the Pioneer.

Just a quick observation but I think your GPS antenna is upside down? If its anything like the ones we use for our retrofits with the blue fakra connection, the non-stick side needs to point to the sky. If this is a different one that works the other way round my apologies but I'm sure you'll get more sats by installing it in the dash the other way up.

well in the box it came with a magnetic backing plate so if i wanted to install it under the dash i could but it was going to be mounted in the same way as in the way it is facing now.

but it work perfect

thanks mate

well in the box it came with a magnetic backing plate so if i wanted to install it under the dash i could but it was going to be mounted in the same way as in the way it is facing now.

but it work perfect

thanks mate

Happy days. As long as you're getting a decent amount of satellites that's good :)

Liking your diamond visions, I have them in my fogs.

Happy days. As long as you're getting a decent amount of satellites that's good :)

Liking your diamond visions, I have them in my fogs.

thanks bro going to get some for my fogs also :)

any idea best place to find aluminium mirrors