RNS-E no DIS

Lilysdad03

Reaction score
Hi All, new to this forum and noticed some really good stuff but looking for help with an issue please folks.

I fitted a 2008 RNS-E into my 57 plate 1.9tdi A3, all went smooth and all seems to work except the DIS. My car doesnt have the on board computer so only ever shows if I am low on petrol or have left a door open. Does anyone know if this is all I will get or should I now get route display or anything else? Do I just need a VAG.COM expert? I am based in Watford Hertfordshire so if that is all I need and somebody can recommend someone that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Lilysdad03

I know, not even outside temperature. Even my old Transit van had that!

Thanks Phil, may have to stick with what I have.

57 plate without full dis :eek: ridiculous! Never thought that would have been possible with a new car

Believe it mate, someone asked me to fit cruise to their facelift 2009. It had no trip with basic DIS. Needed new module too. He pulled out as he didn't want to pay the extra.

I would have thought at least all facelifts 2009 onwards would have trip as standard!

I was in the same boat years ago when I bought a 56 plate 1.9TDI Sportback (I wasn't as educated as I am now!) - had to retrofit fogs and bought a cluster to do the DIS but sold it instead of going through all that... The only thing that could be done cheekily was to VCDS the cluster to at least enable a flashing snowflake and a beep when temp dropped to 5 degrees outside...