Need Adaptive Head lights for 58 plate a3

carlosfsmith

Reaction score
hi im new to all this but thought i'd give it ago, i brought a a3 1.9 tdie on a 58 plate recently and it had been involved in a accident, when it was fixed it had normal headlights fitted back in, im sure its ment to have adaptive headlights in, as a result of this i get warning lights flash up constantly, ive had the car plugged in to the audi machine and the faults cant be wiped with out fixing the problem of replacing the lights for the right ones, does anyone know if these faults can be wiped or where i can get these headlights from, ive looked for ages but not sure with one, dont know if they would even come under 03-08 or not cuz its 58 plate, hopefully someone knows hey :)

So let me get this straight. You had adaptive lights.... Then you had an accident. Then the car came back repaired. Without adaptives?

You could try pm user NHN. He can possibly supply you with the lights.

Post up a pic of the front of your car currently and if possible one before the accident. We can then determine which model lights you had and would need.

hi im new to all this but thought i'd give it ago, i brought a a3 1.9 tdie on a 58 plate recently and it had been involved in a accident, when it was fixed it had normal headlights fitted back in, im sure its ment to have adaptive headlights in, as a result of this i get warning lights flash up constantly, ive had the car plugged in to the audi machine and the faults cant be wiped with out fixing the problem of replacing the lights for the right ones, does anyone know if these faults can be wiped or where i can get these headlights from, ive looked for ages but not sure with one, dont know if they would even come under 03-08 or not cuz its 58 plate, hopefully someone knows hey :)

Depends on what you call normal, do you mean halogen?

The faults probably can be wiped, but may require coding changes & wire disconnects.

If you can show s the warning in DIS & as asked the headlights curently fitted, that would help, but also call audi parts, quote your vin & ask them what headlights should be fitted to your car, ask them for part number aswell, this will categorically tell you what they should have, that way you can work forward from there.

I could possibly supply the lights, but lets go 1 step at a time.

hi their, i brought the car after it was involved in a accident, and had had it checked over in a garage, and was told i have got the lights of a earlier model in it, which i think are halogen, and i should have adaptive lights in, its also got the s-line front bumper on it, dont think that affects anythnig though, ill try get a pic up for ya to see, im happy to keep the lights ive got if the faults can be wiped if its gonna be mega bucks to buy new ones, thanks for looking you guys

Depends on your idea of megabucks, adaptives are not cheap at all.

If you came down to me I'm sure I can fix it for you or even drive to you, obviously at a cost.

was it an S, TECKNIQUE, SE, a SPORT, an S-LINE, or a BLACK EDITION.
Show us a picture of the front of the car.
Try to contact the previous owner or the suppying dealer for pre delivery reports/inspection.

I may have a brand new set of 03-08 bixenon adaptives for sale shortly if that helps.

Headlight part no. & also log with vcds on module 55.