Just ordered my CAI what next?

R55 MRU

Reaction score
Okay so i have just placed an order with Revo for my ITG Cai intake setup. I have read quite a bit into them and this seemed like the best option to go for. So what next? Im thinking a stage 1 remap with Revo. I have the Rev D diverter and Forge BOV Spacer. What should i be expecting when the CAI is installed? smoother rev range, better sounds from my DV? Also planning to get stage 2 with milltek turbo back system and upgraded auto tech fuel pump after xmas. Does anyone have some advice on there experience with Revo? Im on my iPhone so makes it hard to search too much.

Thanks people.

Cars still broken atm but I'm still spending money :p

Good choice mate!
With ITG on stock car it will improve a smoother rev range from 5500 rpm and all to the end,
increased flutter noise and some new darth vader sound:yahoo:
With stage1 will be a complete different story and you can expect some very good power gains.
For next mode i recommend you some new complete exhaust or downpipe only
and then go for the remap.
And very soon you gonna need some new clutch and dmf.

Cheers

Well i was thinking of getting the stage 1 remap first? is it a wiser idea to get the milltek first? before the map is done? Whats a DMF?

If you get the Milltek you can do stage2 but clutch is going to suffer big time
and you soon need a replacement with stronger one (sachs) and a new dual mass flywheel (DMF).
If you decide to go for stage1 sooner or later the clutch will give up also mate!
It's your money and your choice but tuning sucks you in and pulls alot of things with you lol:blush:

Ok so my list will be as follows.

ITG CAI
Revo stage 1
Milltek Turbo Back
Stage 2
Sachs clutch
Dual mass flywheel
Uprated fuel pump

I would go;
ITG CAI
Revo stage 1
Milltek Turbo Back
Sachs clutch and dual mass flywheel + release bearing
Uprated fuel pump
RS4 Injectors
Revo stage2

Sachs clutch with cover,flywheel and bearing 1000
Milltek 1300-non res is cheaper
injectors 100
Something like that mate

Lol any idea on prices for this lot?

Depends were you buy from and which exhaust you go for. I have the non resonated Milltek with de cat and its considerably cheaper than with the sports cat. Sounds great and not too loud. In fact just cruising it is hardly louder than stock.

Also if you have the fuel pump and have the uprated clutch then you want to go for a REVO stage 2+ map not just stage 2.

no point getting the mapping in place for stage one if you do have them plans for the exhaus, flywheel and injectors ect.. unless they will upgrade your map for free to stage 2+? as your going to pay for two tuning sessions...

your car will happily potter round with the CAI and Exhaust with out a remap (wont run to its full potential obviously )

or even buy the exhaust, injectors ect and get it all done together.. save your self 300+ on a stage one remap and jump to stage 2+ also you will have a huge grin on your face jumping from practicly stock up to revo stage 2+

It all depends in what period of time he will do the modding.
If he wants to do everything in 1 week than stage2+ it is!

Reactions: Kelza
Why the need for RS4 injectors?

I appreciate they may have more output cc, but isn't the spray pattern wrong?

Reactions: RedDejavu
I would go;<br>
ITG CAI<br>
Revo stage 1<br>
Milltek Turbo Back<br>
Sachs clutch and dual mass flywheel + release bearing<br>
Uprated fuel pump <br>
RS4 Injectors<br>
Revo stage2
<br>
<br>
Probably worth you noting that until you get a big turbo,and Stage 3 mapping,you do NOT need RS4 injectors,and indeed the fuelling will be wrong,as the mapping is injector specific,.ie Stages 1,2,and 2+ are for standard S3 injectors,but the Stage 3 mapping is set up for RS4 injectors.<br>

You do not need these until you are above 400bhp,which simply will not happen on a stock K04 turbo.<br>
<br>
And...you would also need to add a bigger intercooler.

Why the need for RS4 injectors?

I appreciate they may have more output cc, but isn't the spray pattern wrong?

As above Warren,you won't need them until you have Stage 3 and a big turbo,and whilst the spray pattern isn't as ideal as the S3 injectors,they do have a higher flow rate,which is why I explained to Pinterovski that the mapping does take the injectors into account,and whacking a set of RS4 injectors onto a Stg 2 or 2+ mapped car is likely to result in mis-fuelling.

Last edited:
Warren i spoke with my tuner(SKN) and he recommends RS4 injectors,
but it must get involved 100% with the map and adjust everything!
You guys dont have SKN Tuning in UK wright?

Warren i spoke with my tuner(SKN) and he recommends RS4 injectors,
but it must get involved 100% with the map and adjust everything!
You guys dont have SKN Tuning in UK wright?

That's my point....the mapping and the injectors are inter-related.

If you whack a set of bigger injectors,with a higher flow rate onto mapping that is not specific for them,you will have problems,and no,we don't have SKN here,hence my comments,but in any case,until 400bhp,you don't need RS4 injectors in any case,

By all means,if your tuner has mapping specific to them,they will work,but the S3 in jectors are not maxed out until about 400bhp,and have a better spray pattern.

Revo Stage 2 and 2+ are not suited to RS4 injectors.

Last edited:
Reactions: pinterovski
Whatever S3MRU does,if he's got Stage 2 or above in mind,he must factor in a clutch and flywheel,as the OEM product is living on borrowed time above 320lbs of torque.

I did the Stg1 map and exhaust first,plus suspension,then the clutch and Stg2,before fitting the HPFP....after that I had the brakes done,as there's no point having a quick car that doesn't stop.
The stock suspension is pretty bouncy,so getting that done will give you a far more useable and stable car.

It may be worth S3MRU coming on over to VAGOC,where there are a lot of heavily modified S3's,from 360 bhp to well over 500bhp.

Last edited:
Alex thank you for good info mate!!!

I was fortunate enough to get some advice here when I bought mine,and a shedload of help over at VAGOC from people who've done as much,or more to theirs than mine has had done.

Many of them have saved me a lot of trouble and money,by directing me to ways of getting power and reliability which I may otherwise have got by trial end error.

Lol any idea on prices for this lot?
Allow about £1300 for the full exhaust(turbo back) system,£300 for the ITG CAI,£350 for the Autotech HPFP internals,£500 for the remap,£1000 for the clutch and DMF,£1200 for the suspension,and if you do the brakes,£1800 up.
Don't forget the intercooler if you go to Stg2+,and that will be about £600......in all,to get a really well sorted Stg2+ car,you'd be looking at £4000,and that doesn't include the brakes or intercooler.

Allow about £1300 for the full exhaust(turbo back) system,£300 for the ITG CAI,£350 for the Autotech HPFP internals,£500 for the remap,£1000 for the clutch and DMF,£1200 for the suspension,and if you do the brakes,£1800 up.
Don't forget the intercooler if you go to Stg2+,and that will be about £600......in all,to get a really well sorted Stg2+ car,you'd be looking at £4000,and that doesn't include the brakes or intercooler.

so its better of to spec S-tronic I assume and keep 1200 in the pocket? What about suspension mods, what would you suggest to change first ARB? What Autotech HPFP internals do as I dont know much about this stuff sorry:p.

so its better of to spec S-tronic I assume and keep 1200 in the pocket? What about suspension mods, what would you suggest to change first ARB? What Autotech HPFP internals do as I dont know much about this stuff sorry:p.
The DSG may require remapping also,to enable higher torque limits etc,and both HPA and Revo can do this,so whether or not you choose DSG or manual would still involve some costs.
Changing the ARBs does make a lot of difference,but adding in a decent coilover setup such as the kW v3 or Bilsteins will make a far bigger change,but it's not one you would do without the ARBs,if you see what I'm getting at......the final icing on that cake is the Haldex controller.
The Autotech HPFP internals are the equivalent of the APR pump,but obviously consist of just the internals,and allow the pump to flow higher amounts of fuel,as required by higher boost levels.....the Autotech internals can be done as a DIY job,but I would not recommend that as it is fiddly and must be scrupulously clean.

Alex you're a ledge! Very much appreciated! Looks like I need to start saving for mods lol! But firstly need to get a car dont I?:p

Thanks very much!

You know what you need to do...

I've had a lot of help and advice along the way and anything I can pass on,if it helps,pays some of that back.

I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted from the car,and that made choosing the mods and the order to do them in a lot easier.

If you know what the ultimate goal is,it does help as a lot of people do a bit of this and a bit of that and end up not having what they wanted...if you do want a fast focussed car,then you need the suspension and brakes as they will allow you to use the car more effectively and be safer.

Looking to get new S3 Jan/Feb so any of these help a lot. Hope I wont get that hesitation problem though..... By the occasion what remap would you recommend?

Well....I'd recommend Revo,but you also have MTM,superchips,GIAC ,Shark and others to choose from.

I'm happy with mine,and certainly for the higher power or BT applications,they would be the best for most people.