Driving gloves

pinterovski

Reaction score
I'm looking for some driving gloves because i really want
some more grip and the weather is gonna be cold sooner or later,
yeah skin on my hands is just funny lol.

What do you recommend and where to buy?
I saw some Audi gloves,any good?
If we can find some good gloves maybe we can ask for a group buy!?

Cheers

Yeah it does but i think i can drive better with gloves on:haha:
I dont have any so i need to buy them anyway and i thought
some driving one will be nice:happy:

Hahahha what is wrong with having some gloves man?
Real Men use all kind of gloves my friend:box:;)

Lol yeah I suppose any fool can be cold. You have got me thinking about kitting the car out with winter tyres and some emergency gear though.

my winter gloves has extra grippy pads and folding fingers, so warm and grippy.

I only use them when temps get less lan 0 degrees.

Unless you are an old Git driving a pre-war MG DO NOT wear string-backed leather gloves, however.....
Having owned a number of modern open sports cars whose roofs are never up unless it is pouring with rain, a pair gloves for extra grip and warmth in very cold weather are always to hand. I use the rubber palmed type as sold by cycle shops and in black rather than the garish bright reds blues or yellows they look smart. Incidently I also have a pair of fingerless mits also from a cycle shop, which are cooler so can be worn in summer yet still ensure a good steering wheel grip.
Trouble is that in 2011 unless you are over 70 years old donning ANY sort of driving glove is going to look like an affectation or pose, and be seriously un-cool if you'll pardon the pun. Me? I couldn't care a toss what others think.

There used to be a few women at my old workplace who wore leather driving gloves in the winter and the same ones also wore their sunglasses up on their heads in the summer time, WTF is that all about? Anyway, to cut a long story short, they were the ones who all got promoted so there may well be a driving gloves secret society operating in this country which you might be able to tap into but WTFDIK.

With a question like that you might be better off spending the money on a flame retardant suit.

Hahahha:respekt:I just want to make this topic funny guys:laugh:
No hard feelings guys:sm4:

I was going to say,it had to be a wind up

how about a snood? just in case... that cold air can give your neck a chill !!! my friend
:asskicking: as said.. you gotta man up lad

Jonathan Woss had a pair on when he went on Top Gear. Purple leather ones they were. Or howabout Amber Heard's black pair with spikes? :racer:

Hahha;) like i sad,i was just kidding lads!
Maybe i'll order some of these hahah:hubbahubba::haha:
1.jpg

Unless you are planning an evening of `surprise sex` you dont need gloves.
Dont forget the cable ties and chloroform if you do though.

Cold numb fingers or warm fingers with feeling?
Its easy, gloves all the way.

Sorry but all this man up talk is crap.
Why would any one want to subject them selves to being cold, numb and possibly in pain for the first 10mins or so of their journey or does driving in -10 degrees with no gloves mean you're a big man?

Hahha;) like i sad,i was just kidding lads!

Uh huh. Of course. I'm suprised you didn't say that it was for 'your friend' :moa:

Here's some proper driving gloves...

ib749_big.jpg

Reactions: pinterovski
Actually I gonna own up to :(
I do have some nice thick gloves in my S3, for winter use it is dam cold sometimes when you set off, ( I do take them off after car has warmed up honest), but most of all I have them in the car for Snow, when my car gets stuck and I have to get out and either push it, (it is DSG) or abandon it :(

Yep I admit to wearing thermal long-johns when driving my sportscars AND a snood AND driving gloves. To put that into context the sports cars of old that I drove( MGA/TR4/Alpine) suffered from terrible back draught and had no heaters, this prior to modern day sportscars, such as an MX-5 & Honda S2000 I owned that are so designed to keep the cabin snug on the coldests of days. There was real joy in being all wrapped up, enjoying wide open views and the fresh air rather than be cooped up in a tin box. If the car had a fruity exhaust and a fruity female passenger, life was utter bliss.
To some degree some of the flavours of past al-fresco motoring can be captured in modern cars, and only this morning I took a huge detour to visit a car meet, the Goodwood Breakfast Club, just to enjoy empty roads at sunrise with the hood down. Same drive in a fixed roof 200mph £500,000 Supercar? Why? and no thanks.

Real men make sure that both their car and themselves are in the best possible condition. I'll be ******** before I crash £25,000 of metal because my fingers are numb and I can't steer as quickly.

your right,i best them smow chains fitted ready for winter lol