Badger5Volks Autos
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Silky's S3...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Car's looking great, Silky. I like the complete sleeper style you're going for, works really well with S3s if you just make them as fast as they should be but no-one can tell exactly what's been done.
    Cheers, thats what I'm going for! I want it to look OEM but still out run most things on the road Thats why I'm not putting any aftermarket wheels on it as well.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Worth painting the hubs, makes such a difference to how much fresher wheels look after a good cleaning. Otherwise you make a big effort cleaning and you look down to see a manky hub grrrrr!
    So true mate, mine are a right mess!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Another little mod this weekend. Just fitted a 2nd boot light using the loom from Robin A3 and the LED from t8ups. Pictures don't really do it justice but there is much more light in the boot now. I always struggled finding things before!

Its easy to fit, just 2 bolts and you can remove the boot trims, took me 20mins to fit, including cutting out a slot for the new light.

Before:

After:

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice little touch, very subtle

Boycie

Status
    Something I want to do for the boot as well!!

Where did you get the mcgards from? I need to get a set too!

I am not sure if the front splitter on the prefacelift S3 comes off didn't get a chance to check at the weekend!

2nd Gear

Status
    Good job on the additional boot light mate, I will order one from Robyn also when I get around to ordering the rear puddle lights.

I also need to get the lock bolts now that i have the spacers, can you give me a link from where you bought yours from please?

Also, how hard was it to wrap that splitter of yours?
    I'm really considering doing mine and given how cheap it is to DIY, might as well give it a go.
    My concern is that I will do a terrible job, hence, how how was it??
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Here you go guys: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

These are about 1-2mm longer that the bolts than come with the 10mm spacers, so should be fine with the 12mm spaces as well. Demon Tweaks was the cheapest place I could find selling them.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    Good job on the additional boot light mate, I will order one from Robyn also when I get around to ordering the rear puddle lights.

I also need to get the lock bolts now that i have the spacers, can you give me a link from where you bought yours from please?

Also, how hard was it to wrap that splitter of yours?
    I'm really considering doing mine and given how cheap it is to DIY, might as well give it a go.
    My concern is that I will do a terrible job, hence, how how was it??
    The front splitter was easy mate, the hardest bit was the underside as once you have stretched it over the top side its hard to get it flat on the understand. Just use plenty of heat from the hairdryer and take your time. You will nail it! Go with the 3M stuff as Ive heard the cheaper stuff is harder to use.

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Here you go guys: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

These are about 1-2mm longer that the bolts than come with the 10mm spacers, so should be fine with the 12mm spaces as well. Demon Tweaks was the cheapest place I could find selling them.
    Excellent, thank mate.
    Need to order some.

The front splitter was easy mate, the hardest bit was the underside as once you have stretched it over the top side its hard to get it flat on the understand. Just use plenty of heat from the hairdryer and take your time. You will nail it! Go with the 3M stuff as Ive heard the cheaper stuff is harder to use.
    Ok, good advice. I've never been great at putting the screen protector on my iPhones, contacting my text books as a good, etc but maybe I will find it easier with the hair dryer.
    Still need to work out the exterior direction I want to take with my car... wheel colour change, grill, splitter/rear defuser, etc or leave it looking stock.
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Bilstein PSS10

BUILD THREAD

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Silky, car is looking top notch, mate. Mind pointing me towards some detail on the VCDS mods you did? Mostly interested in the TPMS activation

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Status
    Thinking about getting them to modify by back box to RS4 twin ovals (one on each side of the diffuser).
    This would look amazing Warren. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been examples of this done already as it's one of the big design failings of the S3 and has been for a while. All other S cars get the 2 sets of double barrels, but not the S3. I'll not mention RS3 either at this stage.

I have seen one Ibis S3 with it done, but that was via Google and was some time ago.
    2010 Sprint Blue S3 Black Edition - Buckets & BBS CH Black's
    2008 Ibis White S3
    2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T S-Line Special Edition

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Hi Silky, car is looking top notch, mate. Mind pointing me towards some detail on the VCDS mods you did? Mostly interested in the TPMS activation
    Here you go mate: TPMS for free!

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoS3 View Post
    This would look amazing Warren. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been examples of this done already as it's one of the big design failings of the S3 and has been for a while. All other S cars get the 2 sets of double barrels, but not the S3. I'll not mention RS3 either at this stage.

I have seen one Ibis S3 with it done, but that was via Google and was some time ago.
    For sure this would be an epic mod, but I can imagine it being difficult to get the rear defuser cut out perfectly. Go on Warren, be the first!

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Silky,

Did you get anywhere with the led number plate led's???
    Past cars.....

52 Leon cupra r
    54 Mini cooper s works
    05 golf gti
    07 type r
    57 R32
    08 leon cupra k1
    Red S3 sportback now gone..
    11 A4 136 diesel black edition

Current...

S3 sportback Ibis white pan roof..
    nice to be back after diesel power

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo555 View Post
    Hi Silky,

Did you get anywhere with the led number plate led's???
    Yes mate, all fitted and working. Been in there 6 months, no issues

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    What did you go for mate???
    Past cars.....

52 Leon cupra r
    54 Mini cooper s works
    05 golf gti
    07 type r
    57 R32
    08 leon cupra k1
    Red S3 sportback now gone..
    11 A4 136 diesel black edition

Current...

S3 sportback Ibis white pan roof..
    nice to be back after diesel power

Neutral

Status
    Im in love with your car Silky. I have the same model, looking to finish off revo stage 2. any tips?

1st Gear

Status
    Here you go mate: TPMS for free!
    Awesome! Thanks for that. Think I might just retrofit the switch for it too while I'm doing the footwell lights. My A3 was pretty kitted out so I need to level the playing field with the S.

...must really create a ride thread on here too at some point

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Awesome! Thanks for that. Think I might just retrofit the switch for it too while I'm doing the footwell lights. My A3 was pretty kitted out so I need to level the playing field with the S.

...must really create a ride thread on here too at some point

Not sure what year car you have, but 2010+ cars don't have a button. Its all in the DIS.

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure what year car you have, but 2010+ cars don't have a button. Its all in the DIS.
    It's a 2010 model, but was regged very early in 2010 so it could in fact be 2009 manufactured.

I take it though that it still requires a reset with VCDS when the system picks up deflation, right?
    Last edited by Acheron; 4th March 2012 at 19:40.

Current: 2010 Audi S3 Sportback S-tronic
    Ex: 2007 Audi A3 Sportback - 2.0T DSG
    Ex: 2008 Opel Corsa OPC
    Ex: 2004 Opel Corsa Lite
    Ex: 1978 VW Beetle

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo555 View Post
    What did you go for mate???
    Here you go mate: 2010+ Number Plate LED's - Sorted

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo Gardner View Post
    Im in love with your car Silky. I have the same model, looking to finish off revo stage 2. any tips?
    Tips? Do it sooner rather than later!!

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    It's a 2010 model, but was regged very early in 2010 so it could in fact be 2009 manufactured.

I take it though that it still requires a reset with VCDS when the system picks up deflation, right?
    Yes, you still need VCDS to reset the system. However I've found a interesting coding option in the latest version of VCDS which might be able to turn on the TPMS DIS menu...Watch this space.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Cool

Look what I've just fitted Details to follow...

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    So, what your looking at up there is a Podi boost gauge in matching OEM white with white needle, mounted with a OSIR pod mount, and taking the boost feed from a Forge boost tap. It was a fairly easy install (sadly no pics as I didn't have my phone with me), the hardest bit was dismantling the air vent to get the silver ring off it and installed on the mount. The OSIR mount is made for TT vents which are a bit different internally, so lots of dremel work was needed!

I'll do some video of it in action. If people want I'll do a full write up as well. The gauge even comes with a remote control to alter the LED colours, and set boost alarm etc.
    Last edited by Silky-S3; 11th March 2012 at 22:30.

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks great mate.
    Something I have been wanting to do also.

Details would be great when you get the time.
    What was the total cost?
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Bilstein PSS10

BUILD THREAD

Status
    Nice one, I miss my boost gauge like a limb! Great way of early warning of issues.

Always wondered whether there would be a hack on S3 DIS to get digital boost like on RS3. Nige..... Help!!!!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Banana Menace!

Status
    That looks fab, Silky! Yet another top modding job, Fella. Very OEM indeedy! xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    Looks great mate.
    Something I have been wanting to do also.

Details would be great when you get the time.
    What was the total cost?
    Got the gauge from here: Podi.ca | Gauge solutions for Audi and VW

Vent mount from here: OSIR - O-Pod Gauge Pod MK2 TT - Audi TT Coupe and Audi TT Roadster Parts, Accessories, Styling and Performance Tuning

Boost tap from here: Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

poli84 likes this.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Nice one, I miss my boost gauge like a limb! Great way of early warning of issues.

Always wondered whether there would be a hack on S3 DIS to get digital boost like on RS3. Nige..... Help!!!!
    Cheers mate thats the reason why I got it, to keep an eye on everything.

AFAIK even people who have retrofitted the RS3 cluster in to an S3, the boost gauge does not work. I looked into this before I went with my setup. Also the BG in the RS3 is software based and does not measure true boost. So it goes out of the window one mapped.

Build Thread Here!

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add pinterovski on Facebook
    Damn i want one of these!!!
    Very Nice job Silky
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

1st Gear

Status
    Yes, you still need VCDS to reset the system. However I've found a interesting coding option in the latest version of VCDS which might be able to turn on the TPMS DIS menu...Watch this space.
    You come right with this Silky? Got my TPMS up and running...would be great to have the reset option in DIS too

Current: 2010 Audi S3 Sportback S-tronic
    Ex: 2007 Audi A3 Sportback - 2.0T DSG
    Ex: 2008 Opel Corsa OPC
    Ex: 2004 Opel Corsa Lite
    Ex: 1978 VW Beetle

3rd Gear

Status
    Top Mod Silky and love the blend with the rest of the dials and instrument cluster - my only reservation being the choice of vent. I personally would've gone for the vent right of the steering wheel. Don't take that as a -ve but my personally preference. Well done mate.
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

3rd Gear

Status

I concur!! Going to PM Nige to check if it is possible - if so, I'll be booking an appointment with the Governor!...
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    You come right with this Silky? Got my TPMS up and running...would be great to have the reset option in DIS too
    Not yet mate, gonna try to have a play with it today....

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Cool

Just fitted my new TTS engine cover, looks pretty good!

Hopefully it will keep the engine cleaner, it was getting filthy running no cover!

Just to confirm (thanks to the guys that helped me get the right part numbers) the part number and costs (from Huddersfield Audi) are:

TTS Cover: 06F 103 164 J (last digit recently changed from H) £60.09 +VAT
    Front Mount: 06E 103 164 (screws into inlet manifold) £2.39 +VAT
    2 X Rear Mount: WHT 000 731 A (these are long and screw into the plastic cam cover, replacing the current bolts) £5.18 +VAT (Each)

Its a 5 min job to fit and comes off and on about a million times more easily than the OEM S3 cover!

Spacers going on this weekend...

Build Thread Here!

5th Gear

Status
    very nice fella engine looks lovely and clean now!
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    very nice fella engine looks lovely and clean now!
    Hopefully it will stay that way!

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    Good job Silky. Looks great.
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Bilstein PSS10

BUILD THREAD

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    What else is planned for this Matt, Fuel pump, any other mods? Getting there brother!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast