Silky's S3...

Car's looking great, Silky. I like the complete sleeper style you're going for, works really well with S3s if you just make them as fast as they should be but no-one can tell exactly what's been done.

Cheers, thats what I'm going for! I want it to look OEM but still out run most things on the road :) Thats why I'm not putting any aftermarket wheels on it as well.

Worth painting the hubs, makes such a difference to how much fresher wheels look after a good cleaning. Otherwise you make a big effort cleaning and you look down to see a manky hub grrrrr!

So true mate, mine are a right mess!

Another little mod this weekend. Just fitted a 2nd boot light using the loom from Robin A3 and the LED from t8ups. Pictures don't really do it justice but there is much more light in the boot now. I always struggled finding things before!

Its easy to fit, just 2 bolts and you can remove the boot trims, took me 20mins to fit, including cutting out a slot for the new light.

Before:

photo%201.JPG

After:

photo%203.JPG

:)

Reactions: poli84, pinterovski and GNJ_Motorsport
Something I want to do for the boot as well!!

Where did you get the mcgards from? I need to get a set too!

I am not sure if the front splitter on the prefacelift S3 comes off :( didn't get a chance to check at the weekend!

Good job on the additional boot light mate, I will order one from Robyn also when I get around to ordering the rear puddle lights.

I also need to get the lock bolts now that i have the spacers, can you give me a link from where you bought yours from please?

Also, how hard was it to wrap that splitter of yours?
I'm really considering doing mine and given how cheap it is to DIY, might as well give it a go.
My concern is that I will do a terrible job, hence, how how was it??

Here you go guys: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

These are about 1-2mm longer that the bolts than come with the 10mm spacers, so should be fine with the 12mm spaces as well. Demon Tweaks was the cheapest place I could find selling them.

Good job on the additional boot light mate, I will order one from Robyn also when I get around to ordering the rear puddle lights.

I also need to get the lock bolts now that i have the spacers, can you give me a link from where you bought yours from please?

Also, how hard was it to wrap that splitter of yours?
I'm really considering doing mine and given how cheap it is to DIY, might as well give it a go.
My concern is that I will do a terrible job, hence, how how was it??

The front splitter was easy mate, the hardest bit was the underside as once you have stretched it over the top side its hard to get it flat on the understand. Just use plenty of heat from the hairdryer and take your time. You will nail it! Go with the 3M stuff as Ive heard the cheaper stuff is harder to use. :)

Here you go guys: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

These are about 1-2mm longer that the bolts than come with the 10mm spacers, so should be fine with the 12mm spaces as well. Demon Tweaks was the cheapest place I could find selling them.

Excellent, thank mate.
Need to order some.

The front splitter was easy mate, the hardest bit was the underside as once you have stretched it over the top side its hard to get it flat on the understand. Just use plenty of heat from the hairdryer and take your time. You will nail it! Go with the 3M stuff as Ive heard the cheaper stuff is harder to use. :)

Ok, good advice. I've never been great at putting the screen protector on my iPhones, contacting my text books as a good, etc but maybe I will find it easier with the hair dryer.
Still need to work out the exterior direction I want to take with my car... wheel colour change, grill, splitter/rear defuser, etc or leave it looking stock.

Hi Silky, car is looking top notch, mate. Mind pointing me towards some detail on the VCDS mods you did? Mostly interested in the TPMS activation ;)

Thinking about getting them to modify by back box to RS4 twin ovals (one on each side of the diffuser).

This would look amazing Warren. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been examples of this done already as it's one of the big design failings of the S3 and has been for a while. All other S cars get the 2 sets of double barrels, but not the S3. I'll not mention RS3 either at this stage.

I have seen one Ibis S3 with it done, but that was via Google and was some time ago.

This would look amazing Warren. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been examples of this done already as it's one of the big design failings of the S3 and has been for a while. All other S cars get the 2 sets of double barrels, but not the S3. I'll not mention RS3 either at this stage.

I have seen one Ibis S3 with it done, but that was via Google and was some time ago.

For sure this would be an epic mod, but I can imagine it being difficult to get the rear defuser cut out perfectly. Go on Warren, be the first!

Im in love with your car Silky. I have the same model, looking to finish off revo stage 2. any tips?

Awesome! Thanks for that. Think I might just retrofit the switch for it too while I'm doing the footwell lights. My A3 was pretty kitted out so I need to level the playing field with the S.

...must really create a ride thread on here too at some point ;)

Not sure what year car you have, but 2010+ cars don't have a button. Its all in the DIS. :)

Not sure what year car you have, but 2010+ cars don't have a button. Its all in the DIS. :)
It's a 2010 model, but was regged very early in 2010 so it could in fact be 2009 manufactured.

I take it though that it still requires a reset with VCDS when the system picks up deflation, right?

Last edited:
It's a 2010 model, but was regged very early in 2010 so it could in fact be 2009 manufactured.

I take it though that it still requires a reset with VCDS when the system picks up deflation, right?

Yes, you still need VCDS to reset the system. However I've found a interesting coding option in the latest version of VCDS which might be able to turn on the TPMS DIS menu...Watch this space.

Look what I've just fitted :) Details to follow...

photo.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 3.JPG

:rockwoot:

Reactions: br20vt, pinterovski, Paullie and 2 others
So, what your looking at up there is a Podi boost gauge in matching OEM white with white needle, mounted with a OSIR pod mount, and taking the boost feed from a Forge boost tap. It was a fairly easy install (sadly no pics as I didn't have my phone with me), the hardest bit was dismantling the air vent to get the silver ring off it and installed on the mount. The OSIR mount is made for TT vents which are a bit different internally, so lots of dremel work was needed!

I'll do some video of it in action. If people want I'll do a full write up as well. The gauge even comes with a remote control to alter the LED colours, and set boost alarm etc.

Last edited:
Looks great mate.
Something I have been wanting to do also.

Details would be great when you get the time.
What was the total cost?

Nice one, I miss my boost gauge like a limb! Great way of early warning of issues.

Always wondered whether there would be a hack on S3 DIS to get digital boost like on RS3. Nige..... Help!!!!

That looks fab, Silky! Yet another top modding job, Fella. Very OEM indeedy! :wub: xx

Reactions: poli84
Nice one, I miss my boost gauge like a limb! Great way of early warning of issues.

Always wondered whether there would be a hack on S3 DIS to get digital boost like on RS3. Nige..... Help!!!!

Cheers mate thats the reason why I got it, to keep an eye on everything.

AFAIK even people who have retrofitted the RS3 cluster in to an S3, the boost gauge does not work. I looked into this before I went with my setup. Also the BG in the RS3 is software based and does not measure true boost. So it goes out of the window one mapped.

:)

Yes, you still need VCDS to reset the system. However I've found a interesting coding option in the latest version of VCDS which might be able to turn on the TPMS DIS menu...Watch this space.
You come right with this Silky? Got my TPMS up and running...would be great to have the reset option in DIS too :)

Top Mod Silky and love the blend with the rest of the dials and instrument cluster - my only reservation being the choice of vent. I personally would've gone for the vent right of the steering wheel. Don't take that as a -ve but my personally preference. Well done mate.

You come right with this Silky? Got my TPMS up and running...would be great to have the reset option in DIS too :)

Not yet mate, gonna try to have a play with it today....

Just fitted my new TTS engine cover, looks pretty good!

Hopefully it will keep the engine cleaner, it was getting filthy running no cover!

photo%202.JPG

Just to confirm (thanks to the guys that helped me get the right part numbers) the part number and costs (from Huddersfield Audi) are:

TTS Cover: 06F 103 164 J (last digit recently changed from H) £60.09 +VAT
Front Mount: 06E 103 164 (screws into inlet manifold) £2.39 +VAT
2 X Rear Mount: WHT 000 731 A (these are long and screw into the plastic cam cover, replacing the current bolts) £5.18 +VAT (Each)

Its a 5 min job to fit and comes off and on about a million times more easily than the OEM S3 cover!

Spacers going on this weekend...:)

Reactions: S., Boydie, Acheron and 3 others