Replacing bushes?

rockape

Per ardua
Reaction score
Right then, I've decided to replace my dampers as I think they're a bit tired and I'm swaying towards the bilstein b8's(I have eibach springs) so making a b12 kit. Whilst having this done I'd like to change some of the suspension bushes to tighten up the feel of the car. However, I haven't a clue about which ones to change or whether to go oem,poly or a mixture.

Any experts out there can help with some advice please?

I am doing a similar thing to you I have spoke to a company called stealth racing and they assured me that I can upgrade to s3 bushes even though I have a front wheel drive 2.0tdi. They reckon poly bushes are a bit to stiff for hard road use. Im also putting on eibach anti roll bars which they reckon are a worthy upgrade.

I was thinking of changing mine when I change dampers as I'm trying to eliminate a nasty knocking sound when I go over potholes or speed bumps.

I'm going to change to Koni FSD as the s line suspension is terribly hard.

What would be the best bushes to get in order to give the softest ride even at the expense of handling or roll?

I've read a few articles on this since posting and although the jury is out on the benefits of poly bushes its agreed they will give a more positive drive. The trade off is potentially an even harder ride. For this reason I think oem rubber bushes will keep some compliance in the chassis....after all thats why they're made from rubber is'nt it? Much cheaper too, especially after shelling out for shocks!

I would stick to oem except for the front bottom arms where you can use polybushes to increase the caster (superpro) this increases the self- centering and dynamic camber on turns, which tends to improve the steering feel, reduce understeering by increasing front end grip and reduces the audi numb steering when driving straight-ish

Last edited: