JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications

Thread: New to the A3

Reverse Gear

Status

New to the A3

Evening posters, just letting you know that as from tomorrow (19th Mar) i'll be using this forum on A3's cos my S4Avant is going and i'm getting a 2.0 Sport A3 to replace it!! No offence to you die-hard A3 owners, but it's got a lot to live up too!! This'll be my first A3.
    I'll keep you informed on what i think of it. The wife wanted a Golf Tdi GT, but i had to remind her WHO wears the trousers when choosing a car in our marriage!!!
    Deano.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: New to the A3

Hi Deano,

Blimey S4 avant to A3 sport, the poor A3 hasn't got a chance to live up to her, at least you're getting the A3 instead of the golf.

Are you going for the TFSI 2.0 sport, or down the TDI-line (excuse the pun). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img]

Anyway good luck with the trousers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

2.0 TFSI, it was an easy option since the Golf ran like Sh!t and stank like an ashtray on wheels!! A3 ran smoother & felt more stable and comfortable! I'm hoping i can return back to the S4 in a years time!! We're starting a house project so needed to cut the finances down!!
    Deano.

3rd Gear

Status

I was very tempted with your S4 as it was exactly the spec and colour I would have ordered myself, then reminded myself that I have other commitments in my life other than cars [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hope the A3 is not too much of a step backwards! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

imported_RedSportback

No comparrison the A3 to the Golf imho, The A3 wins hands down in the TDi class. Interior styling and build of the golf reminded me of a Ford Orion I once owned tacky and poor quality

Reverse Gear

Status

Well i tried my best but just couldn't get used to the A3, not enough umpth for a 2.0 litre!!! Obviously it wasn't going to be anything like the S4 Avant, size was a problem,Avant to a Hatch,the A3 sounded to much like a diesel, so i've got rid of it for a diesel, A4 Tdi!!!
    Deano.

2nd Gear

Status

What, the TFSI sounded too much like a diesel?

Which A4 TDI? The 3.0 v6?

Neutral

Status

The 2.0Tfsi has 200Bhp and 280N/m cant see how a 2.0 TDi unchipped A4 will be any better mate.

Youd want to be getting the V6 Tdi + chip to get anywere near S4 performance.