Need some help S3 bucket seats to sports back

mkimjoon

Reaction score
So i just got the seats from N8 and was trying to figure out how do swap. First i thought it would be easy as 1,2,3 but guess it's not just plug and play. I know in America we have "seat occupancy" thingy, i read this can somehow be over come by resistors to make it think the passenger side is always occupied.

Anyone ever had any experience installing bucket seats into your sports back? Vcd?

tried the search function but i had no luck. Maybe N8 or NHN can shed some light for me ty

image-6.jpg

the two plugs i'm holding are the plugs that plugs into the car

the vey top line in the black loom is the wire from the seat belt(that goes into the yellow plug i'm not holding)

Last edited:
Aha now I know where they went too :)

What exactly do you want to connect up, airbag, seat belt warning etc?

Seat occupancy is also in uk, its used for passenger side only for the seat belt warning systems, you can turn of seat belt warnings with vcds & the sensors will be irrelevant then.

well there's 3 plugs on the bucket 2 for heat i think 1 for seat belt. I guess want to connect the seat belt one but the connector is no where same as the one in the picture. NHN if you guys have seat occupancy how come i don't see one on the pass bucket? would i have to retrofit mine to that one? or can i somehow make the car think that there is always someone there via VCD?

if so where can i control that? in the mean time can i just install the seats w/o seat belt connector plugged? i know i'd prob get air bag sign but other airbags will work right?

much love!

or do i just bolt the seat and disable seat belt chime via vcd and call it a day? is that how others do?

image-7.jpg

this is from the bucket. bot 2 plugs are for heat i think the top one from seat belt

did the seats come with connecting leads? or are you trying to use the original connector with the bucket seats?

did the seats come with connecting leads? or are you trying to use the original connector with the bucket seats?

this is how it came on both seats, i was under the impression it was Plug and play but it's not. Am i suppose to reuse my originals?

image-7.jpg

When I got my S3 buckets for my 3dr I never got the wiring looms with the seats. Initially I never thought this was a problem until I went to fit them. The wiring looms for the standard seats are different. I had to buy the right ones which were £370 from Audi with discount!! I don’t know why they are different it may be just a case of Audi being awkward. It could also be that the Buckets have an airbag jumper cable to fool the airbag sensor (something like that anyway!!)

Could you pm me part number for the loom? Ty

1 sec, Rye, which loom are you referring to, the loom thats actually fitted inside the seat or the loom thats fitted on the car side?

I dont know why you dont just figure out which wire does what & convert it across to match the A3 wiring, far less money & far less hassle, have you stripped a seat down before, its not a fun job tbh even if possible, I'd convert it across with new plugs & rewire.

1 sec, Rye, which loom are you referring to, the loom thats actually fitted inside the seat or the loom thats fitted on the car side?

I dont know why you dont just figure out which wire does what & convert it across to match the A3 wiring, far less money & far less hassle, have you stripped a seat down before, its not a fun job tbh even if possible, I'd convert it across with new plugs & rewire.

have done it! changed cushion,cover and swapped the occupancy. I'm no expert though i guess i can try that bc i do want to reuse them plugs

Yes! Did you like airfresheners?

not yet but they do smell really good :) ty!

Installed the seats didn't plug anything. Anyway to fool the car to think that there is someone always on passenger side? Now that i don't have the seat occ thingy?

N8 I love the seat covers! They worked great covering them from shipping! Ty so much, a nice touch!

Love the seat so far! It sits a little higher than I would like. Kinda have to seat in right angle now haha! Makes me feel more one with the car and those mod includes for me ( ko4, fbsw, buckets)

Anyone ever put like a lil cushion near the head rest area? Is there even a proper way of seating on these seats?