2 questions out of interest

NCRAW

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Out of interest. I popped the bonnet and turned off the car (removed the key) and I could hear a fan or a pump still running under the engine for a few minutes. it did not stop till i closed the bonnet (or maybe it just happened at the same time). What is that?

Also is it normal to see vapour (whether it oil or something else) coming from the engine when you remove the oil cap? oil is fully synthetic

First question, no idea???

Second question; if the car has been running then yes, if not then maybe your PCV isn't doing its job properly.

First question...
im sure thats your air con fan running down. if you drove around with the air con it runs for a min/couple mins... thats what it does on mine anyway

I opened the oil cap just after I turned off the car. I replaced the faulty pcv with the BSH fix yesterday. Would that be normal?

For the first one, I had my fan and ac off all the time so that's the reason I was wondering. Is there some sort of oil pump or aux fan that stays on if the engine temp is high?

i have done 4 hour drives with no Aircon, but when i get home and switch the engine off the fans go off too... only time i noticed the fans stay on is after a run with Air con on :s
really dont know why yours was on? did you see which fan was actually running?

There's an afterrun coolant pump that keeps the coolant circulating after the engine has been switched off to help cool turbo/engine.

It was not one of the front fans. It was something under the engine block and it did sound like a pump which then makes sense if it is the coolant.

Yup, on my 20T it's at the bottom front of the engine, (stupidly) below the oil filter