A3 Sportback 2.0TDI DSG Project

SimoP

Reaction score
Website
www.swaboteam.net
Thought to create a own post for this too. We're going to take the baby out to it's first show on 16th of April which is a local American car show. Our team was invited last year to show also some euro cars to people, and when the show was a success we got there this year too.

So our sportback will be there. But what's going to get done?

- Well, we've already lowered it 50mm with eibach sportline springs, and actual lowering compared to audi's 15mm sport suspension is something like 2-3cm. Back and Front are on the same level now though.

- We ordered a Rieger-tuning full bodykit which will be fitted after two weeks. http://www.swaboteam.net/Gallery/albums/userpics/Kuva%28015%29.jpg

- Bought a 8x18 ATP Inox open wheels http://www.wielengids.nl/afbeeldingen/gif/K81-3D.gif

- When the bodykit is installed will fit 4pieces of 3-4" exhaust tips and remove the back silencer.

More pics at www.swaboteam.net

[ QUOTE ]
sorry dude but it looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif.

Sort of thing the riceboys would turn out.

Just my opinion though.

[/ QUOTE ]

.....mmmmm, I tend to agree.

Personally I'm not a big fan of cosmetic modifications, although something subtle can make a car a bit more individual (subtle being the operative word though!).

I think that Japanese and maybe big American cars are probably the only ones that can carry it off, as it's more of a cultural thing I guess...

Over-the-top cosmetic mods on a German car just seem to me to be at odds with the function/engineering focus of the design.

Just my 2€ worth!

I bet you are really pleased you posted now SimoP? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

External mods are more a US thing to be honest mate, I think 99% of people in europe buy an Audi because it is so understated.
Those in the UK that want to shout "I have money, look at me!" tend to buy BMWs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kit looks good, but don't like the wheels, probablly look better in black.

[ QUOTE ]
Kit looks good, but don't like the wheels, probablly look better in black.

[/ QUOTE ]Yep, and that's why we'll never get a wheels like in the picture, but have a black/stainless steel wheels bought already.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet you are really pleased you posted now SimoP? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

External mods are more a US thing to be honest mate, I think 99% of people in europe buy an Audi because it is so understated.
Those in the UK that want to shout "I have money, look at me!" tend to buy BMWs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it must be a cultural difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif For me, I won't pay for s-line or bose because in my opinion, Bose sucks when compared to aftermarket radio/speakers, and s-line is far over-respected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think the modifications are really subtle, don't see a point in paying hell of a lot for Votex which can probably be noticed, and on the other hand can't understand those who "overdress" their cars. I think rieger is in just the right place in the middle, and it's really cheap compared to what you get!

I am looking forward to seeing the pics mate, I am sure it will look good when done.

And I agree with the Bose thing, I had a Genesis amp and components in my last car for around the same price as Bose and it was a different league. I bought mine as a pre registered car and the Bose is the only thing that I didn't want!

The S-line is good because you get the DSG gearbox 18" alloys (that you can sell for $1500 if you want) and the leather interior for only a little more than buying the DSG gearbox.

Have you got any links to the project mate?

looks real good simop. good selection of wheels that you had narrowed the selection down to as well!

whats the headunit in the photos? never seen one like that.

Headunit is JVC KD-AVX1 and it's awesome. Would never have believed the quality of the 3" display it has. And it plays dvd's, mp3 from dvd's etc. Just had it installed yesterdy, I'll take more pictures of it later today.

I'm with Eeef on this one, its totally ruined in my mind! Its is the kind of thing "riceburners" would do.

Its looks like some 18 years old's Vauxhall Nova with Janspeed exhausts, bits of plastic hanging off it, A £100 JVC stereo from Halfords, and 1.1litre engine, which can seen hanging around outdside the local chippy on a Friday night, and perhaps attempting a few donuts in the car park while he waits for his chips! Oh, I forgot the totally out of proportion alloys!

Its just plain awful!

Some folks in Germany have spent a really long time developing what I consider to be stunning car, in a unique class of its own. Why on earth then does this guy want to lower it to such a teenage/cheap levels!

Audi's don't need body kits/cosmetic modifications, they are truely gorgeous as they are, and should be enjoyed and appreciated for that.

A little passionate about me Audi's as you may have guessed!
Getting off me soap box now, I have had my say!
Funkycat

All you need now are the spinning chrome hub caps, but yellow ones may be just a good.

Naah, what you need is more exhaust pipes, like double Audi-4-exhaust-pipes. And don't forget to add wings to the roof.