No central locking, windows not working and alarm constantly going off?????????

a3 quattr0

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long story short a few months ago my car was stolen at gun point...car was recovered the next day but with no keys.

The insurance company sent it to one of their 'insurance approved garage' but after a month or so of hearing nothing i was fed up.

Went to the garage and they explained to me the ecu was blown up (which i suspect was the garages fault) grrr....

After a long argument with the insurance company because i was not going to accept an extra £1000 charges on the bill and the car was still in the same state...no keys plus now needed a new ecu.

I took the car and gave it to one of my family friends who is a auto-electricion as the insurance company agreed for me to do.

Yesterday the new ecu was fitted and all the keys were sorted and the car started no problems.

Only problem now is the central locking is not working and the electric windows plus the alarm is constantly going off.

Any ideas people please

The car is a audi a3 2004 2.0TDI Sport 3dr

Thank you

it really needs scanned with vcds to check for error codes then if you could post them up then maybe we could narrow it down.