Vmaxx coilovers slight knocking noise 2.0T quattro

jakeward46

Reaction score
Well i fitted the VMaxx coilovers (not adjustable) to the car around 4 weeks ago, 2nd time at fitting coilovers so was pretty sure i was doing it correctly, however after fitting, the only was it can be described is the front mounts are loose, over small bumps that you should even notice, the front shocks seems to have play on the top mount..? a quess.

I dont know if its all in my head but the noise is getting worse. I mean when i bought the car it was usual audi comfort, everything tight and a fine over bumps.

I havent had time to check for play when jacked up, ive applied the brakes when going over bumps so its not the brakes.
It could maybe be the locking nut on top of the shock, the plastic bit that came off the original shock.
Maybe thats not super tight leavig slight play for when the car goes over rough bumps.
One other thing it could be the bushes, but they were fine before lowering so i cant see why they would suddenly be worse than before.
Going in to auditechinca hull friday they said they will go out in it and see what the problem is, would rather fix it my self but no time to take the shocks out again....horrid job.

Anyway thought id share my story, if any one has experience with this please let me know :D