Volks AutosBadger5
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mindak
  • 1 Post By stuartm

Thread: Philips Diamond Vision or new Ring Xenon Ultima +120%

5th Gear

Status

Philips Diamond Vision or new Ring Xenon Ultima +120%

Has anyone any experience of either of these bulbs?

Car Bulbs, Headlight Bulbs, Wiper blades, headlamp bulbs, Xenon Bulbs: Autobulbs Direct Ltd

H7 Ring XENON Ultima +120% Halogen Headlamp 55W

Looking for a whiter match to white LED sidelight bulbs and the Nightbreakers aren't even close

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkincoupe View Post
    Has anyone any experience of either of these bulbs?

Car Bulbs, Headlight Bulbs, Wiper blades, headlamp bulbs, Xenon Bulbs: Autobulbs Direct Ltd

H7 Ring XENON Ultima +120% Halogen Headlamp 55W

Looking for a whiter match to white LED sidelight bulbs and the Nightbreakers aren't even close

Thanks
    What did you end up going for mate, would be interested to see

3rd Gear

Status
    & what did you replace? What was in there originally?

Banana Menace!

Status
    I had Philips Diamond Vision in the main beams of my last car and they were a perfect match for my BiXenon dipped beams and LED sidelights. The light output was very good as well as the pure white colour of the light. x

The Diamond Visions are the bulbs to the outside of the headlights, side by side with D2S Xenons.

MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

6th Gear

Status
    Just fitted Diamond Vision's to my A3, well pleased.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

1st Gear

Status
    They do look great! But they aren't road legal right? Has anyone run into any trouble with using them on the road?

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo5000 View Post
    They do look great! But they aren't road legal right? Has anyone run into any trouble with using them on the road?
    You're right, Buddy, they aren't E marked, which makes them not strictly road legal. I had them in my car for almost 2 years without any issue or unwanted attention from the police and as a retired copper myself, it wouldn't look too good if I got stopped! Thing is, these Philips bulbs are pure white, not blueish in the slightest, unlike lots of other not strictly road legal bulbs, so they don't tend to 'draw unwanted attention'. Aftermarket LED bulbs aren't road legal either, but lots of people use them without issue and when it comes to MOT time, simply swap them out for some OE ones. I'd far rather do that than go around with horrid yellow bulbs, lol. x

1st Gear

Status
    Good point!
    And if you did get pulled over with them, what would be the most likely outcome?
    Simply play dumb and get told to change them? or could it be worse?

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo5000 View Post
    Good point!
    And if you did get pulled over with them, what would be the most likely outcome?
    Simply play dumb and get told to change them? or could it be worse?
    Hehe, I'd just plead ignorance and say the garage fitted them for me. I honestly don't think anyone would have any problems with the law for fitting these bulbs as the only thing that matters to cops (apart from the obvious beam pattern and HID kits in reflector lensed lights) is that your car does not show anything other than a white light to the front (except from indicators obviously). So many guys run blue bulbs in their sidelights and HID kits with 8000K and 10,000K bulbs and IMO they are just asking to be tugged over.

If you did get pulled over for them and you blamed it on the garage for fitting them (like I would!), then the very worst you would be looking at a Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme ticket, which won't cost you anything, but stipulates that you must get the defect - in this case the bulbs - rectified and checked out at an MOT testing station, stamped by the tester and sent back to the police within 14 days.

1st Gear

Status
    Sorted, thanks for that.

So Diamond Visions are the way to go then?

My S3 (08') is coming with Auto Bi-Xenons and DRL's (non LED)
    Any suggestions for bulbs to get the entire cluster nice and clean (inc. the indicators?)

Cheers!

5th Gear

Status
    Gone for the diamond visions from here - H7 Philips DiamondVision Bulbs 5000k (pair) | eBayI had Osrams Silverstars before the Nightbreakers but don't know how old they were as they were on the car when I bought it

Reverse Gear

Status
    Think I will get some ov them, they sound the business.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkincoupe View Post
    Gone for the diamond visions from here - H7 Philips DiamondVision Bulbs 5000k (pair) | eBayI had Osrams Silverstars before the Nightbreakers but don't know how old they were as they were on the car when I bought it
    munch do you have bi-xenons?

5th Gear

Status
    No pal - Halogens

1st Gear

Status
    So do the bi-xenon lights handle both the dipped and main beam?
    So all you would need to change (upgrade) here is the sidelights and non led drl's? oh and the indicators?

Neutral

Status
    do they look like the hid kits ?? without the wiper motor blowing up again ?

5th Gear

Status
    Just fitted the Diamond Vision bulbs and they are a very good match to the led sidelights

First pic is Nightbreakers with the LED sidelights

Second pic is the Diamond Visions with the LED sidelights

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    You're right, Buddy, they aren't E marked, which makes them not strictly road legal. I had them in my car for almost 2 years without any issue or unwanted attention from the police and as a retired copper myself, it wouldn't look too good if I got stopped! Thing is, these Philips bulbs are pure white, not blueish in the slightest, unlike lots of other not strictly road legal bulbs, so they don't tend to 'draw unwanted attention'. Aftermarket LED bulbs aren't road legal either, but lots of people use them without issue and when it comes to MOT time, simply swap them out for some OE ones. I'd far rather do that than go around with horrid yellow bulbs, lol. x
    Paullie - are you still using these? Had any problems with them??

Cheers
    Tom

Banana Menace!

Status
    Hi Tom, sorry but I swapped the car about a year ago now, but I believe the new owner who is a member on here is still using them without any problems. They really are a fab match for Xenons colour wise and the output is pretty good too. I also think the price is dropping a bit too. Paula xx

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ah ok no worries. I used to have Xenons on my old car (Mini Cooper S) and now gone for an A4 but I just miss the nice white /blue tint light and now had horrible yellow halogens.
    Sorry if this sounds a stupid question but - Would you think they are ok for dipped beams? They seem like a good to try before busting out a lot of money on fit proper Xenons.
    Many thanks for getting back to me.

Status
    Wow Paullie, long time no see, hope you are well x
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tomyoud View Post
    Ah ok no worries. I used to have Xenons on my old car (Mini Cooper S) and now gone for an A4 but I just miss the nice white /blue tint light and now had horrible yellow halogens.
    Sorry if this sounds a stupid question but - Would you think they are ok for dipped beams? They seem like a good to try before busting out a lot of money on fit proper Xenons.
    Many thanks for getting back to me.
    They will be just fine for dipped beams, Tom. No more nasty yellow light. It is hard once you've been used to having Xenons to then be without, but these are probably your best bet for the lights on your smart new A4! xx

Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Wow Paullie, long time no see, hope you are well x
    Hi Warren! Long time no see indeedy, lol! I'm doing well thanks, now Audi-less, but I still like to have a look in here every now and again to see what's happening with the lads. Bet you're striking off the days on your calendar till you get your amazing new car! Nice one, Buddy. Great to hear from you again. xx

1st Gear

Status
    First thing I did when I bought my a3 in November was fit diamond visions and are still as good as the day I fitted them, they're a must!
    Paullie likes this.
    A3 2.0 TDI S-Line

Neutral

Status
    I am running my second set of diamond vision bulbs, never had any unwanted attention.

They look great but dont seem too much brighter than road legal ones. Its just the colour is better in my eyes, less of the yellowyness

Didnt realize LED side lights were illegal/MOT failure though..

1st Gear

Status
    My LED sides passed just fine..

I have never used diamond visions but those are the white halogen bulbs alongside the Cree LEDs I got from the forum member Trups for a great price and I'm really happy with them!
    Last edited by y2kcurran; 17th March 2014 at 00:55.
    “Whiskey, like a beautiful woman, demands appreciation. You gaze first, then it's time to drink.”
    Haruki Murakami, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

2nd Gear

Status
    Diamond visions are good. Had them in my 8p2 now also in my B8. One set for 3 years is pretty good going tbh
    Now: Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDi SE - Silver, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Auto Lights/Wipers, Auto Dimming Mirror, Hill Hold Assist.

Before: Audi A3 8P2, 1.9TDi Special Edition, Silver,
    Armrest, MY09 Rear Lights, R32 MK5 Alloy Wheels 18" Gloss Black, Gloss Black Sline Grill, Windows Tinted, Carbon Wrapped Trim, Wind Deflectors, Alarm Beep, LED Interior and Number Plate Lights, Cupra R Splitter, S-Line Springs, footwell lights, S3 Pedals.

Reverse Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Paullie;2113600]They will be just fine for dipped beams, Tom. No more nasty yellow light. It is hard once you've been used to having Xenons to then be without, but these are probably your best bet for the lights on your smart new A4! xx

Awesome!! Thanks thanks Paulie and others....it's good to see other people use them too. I'm loving the look with them now.
    Anyone got any good recommendations for sidelights to match? I've bought some cheap ones off eBay but don't really match.

Cheers
    Tom

1st Gear

Status
    I would give T8ups a shout for your sidelights mate,
    I got a set from him it was just plug and play no errors and great service too
    they match well too and im running diamond vision bulbs also.

[QUOTE=tomyoud;2115150]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    They will be just fine for dipped beams, Tom. No more nasty yellow light. It is hard once you've been used to having Xenons to then be without, but these are probably your best bet for the lights on your smart new A4! xx

Awesome!! Thanks thanks Paulie and others....it's good to see other people use them too. I'm loving the look with them now.
    Anyone got any good recommendations for sidelights to match? I've bought some cheap ones off eBay but don't really match.

Cheers
    Tom
    Jonny54 likes this.