Thank You & Farewell For Now ...

ST09

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was looking forward to getting an A3 last week but dealer at the last minute reduced the valuation of my 59 plate A3 which i was trading in .. (excuse being underwriter wont pay more than this blah blah) even though when everything was agreed and all that was left to do was to sign papers and do deposit .. i was well ****** so i walked away .. Ended up getting a C250 today 2.1l twin turbo charged edrive back home on m62 was awesome .. Would like to thank all the members for their help and support .. Will definately keep in touch as this forum is full of innovative ideas and members here are very helpful :D

Few pics of my new motor:

c250-3.jpg

c250-1.jpg

c250-2.jpg

Last edited:
sad to see you go buddy , i do like the new c class hope they are built better than the last effort lol it is a nice looking car tho and quick too I've driven one not long ago a auto 250D sport was impressive very smooth power delivery

sad to see you go buddy , i do like the new c class hope they are built better than the last effort lol it is a nice looking car tho and quick too I've driven one not long ago a auto 250D sport was impressive very smooth power delivery

Thanks mate .. was really fun to drive .. going to take it easy for now as it only done 2000 miles :)

Sorry to hear about your issue with the dealers sal. Lol you don't have luck when it comes to audi's! congratz on the new car :) looks lovely! Enjoy :happy:

cool as hell think you will be back to audi soon tho lol good luck

Sorry to hear about your issue with the dealers sal. Lol you don't have luck when it comes to audi's! congratz on the new car :) looks lovely! Enjoy :happy:

Thanks Ash .. Ive been loyal to the brand (audi) for few years now but i guess they dont like me lol :)

LOL .. actually i was going to ring you today as i was in manchester to check if you had time to de badge the rear .. but got busy with few other things :(

Good luck mate. No law that says you have to stick to one make. When i bought the new S3 it was a choice of a nearly new SL or the Audi, it was only running cost that tipped me audi's way. Merc's are class inside IMHO :)

Funny you should raise this issue, but I suffered the same.

I was furious as they had a lower spec car on the forecourt at nearly 50% over my trade in value. After a week spent negotiating I managed to get GAP insurance, Paint and interior protection, alloy wheel and tyre protection, a swap of trim including installation, an improved APR and a few quid back to stop me walking away / providing bad feedback (hits their commission).

My car had been hit £3k in 6 months, but it's shouldn't be all my fault they take far too long to build a car.

It meant not getting angry, challenging them hard against the prices of their own stock, but I get the feeling I was lucky as my sales guy has quite a good conscience.

Good luck mate. No law that says you have to stick to one make. When i bought the new S3 it was a choice of a nearly new SL or the Audi, it was only running cost that tipped me audi's way. Merc's are class inside IMHO :)

Thanks paddy :sm4:

Funny you should raise this issue, but I suffered the same.

I was furious as they had a lower spec car on the forecourt at nearly 50% over my trade in value. After a week spent negotiating I managed to get GAP insurance, Paint and interior protection, alloy wheel and tyre protection, a swap of trim including installation, an improved APR and a few quid back to stop me walking away / providing bad feedback (hits their commission).

My car had been hit £3k in 6 months, but it's shouldn't be all my fault they take far too long to build a car.

It meant not getting angry, challenging them hard against the prices of their own stock, but I get the feeling I was lucky as my sales guy has quite a good conscience.

The one i was getting was a demo car so didnt loose much sleep over it but was defo ****** off plus i bought my previous a3 from the same dealer .. Im chuffed to be honest as i got Merc almost at the same price plus with every option available (excluding the rear view camera).

Last edited: