A3 Help! PLEASE!

A3matt

Reaction score
I've been doing up a accident damaged A3 for over a year now and have nearly given up! haha. It’s a 1.6 petrol 2006 sportback (I know it’s not the best engine but because of my age etc it is the best for me in terms of insurance and what have you, and it was cheap as chips!). I have done 90% of the work the only thing I’m struggling with is the wiring loom/harness/whatever is the correct term. The accident caused the loom damage on both the engine section and the main loom. I have managed to locate parts and repair the engine loom but the main loom is repairable but would be massively time consuming and infested with problems! This loom in some parts has 70+ wires which is proving to be headache central! My question is where do i get a full loom diagram or map? I assume it’s on a diagnostics system or electronic manual but I’m struggling hard to find anything! Or beating that does anyone know where I could buy a complete loom from? (Apart from Audi, they quoted me £2000, f**k that)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

WinElsa is the program that VAG use for for repairs & has wiring diagrams. If I was you, i'd work out how far back i can unplug the main loom & what i need/tool to do it. I would then try scrap yards. I will be a big job... Was the loom cut in the accident?

Hi Matt, the Haynes manual has 13 pages of (I think) easily understood diagrams covering just about everything.
Good luck, it was bad enough rewiring a '60's beetle!:icon_thumright: