Chris NottAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reverse Gear

Status

07 reg 1.6 special edition

Hi guys,

Looking for a new car, what are the 1.6 special edition's 6 gears like?

Does anyone on here have one?

2. # ADS
    ADS

MPG the new BPH

Status
    pretty sure it is 5. only tdi's are 6 gears as far as i know unless its a dsg with 7

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nope it definately has 6 gears mate

events moderator

Status
    my 1.6fsi has 6 gears dudes and she is a 54plate
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Fran, what's it like?

heavy on petrol etc?

events moderator

Status
    hell no she runs on fumes i get a daily 45+mpg and on a good run i can get 53mpg and around 570 miles to a tank , but i run her on super unleaded and i don't have the a/c on often plus i haven't got a lead foot so it all depends on how you drive , drive heavy footed they are not that good prob around 30 ish mpg drive lightly and i can see good mpg

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nice 1, i was thinking Tdi but for my budget i can get a newer 1.6 with really low miles

events moderator

Status
    i wish i got a TDI but for what my car does to the gallon I'm not that bothered at least she looks good lol , you just have to remember if you want good mpg drive easy and it will be good drive hard and it won't be that good simples

3rd Gear

Status
    Isn't the 1.6 Special Edition the non-turbo version? If so it's a VERY different beast to the 1.6T FSI engine and nowhere near as refined, economical or powerful.

I stand to be corrected, but I believe there are 3 1.6 engines on the A3.

The 1.6 TDI (diesel) - the smaller of the diesels: the economical choice
    The 1.6 TFSI (petrol) - the middle of the road TFSI engine
    The 1.6 non-turbo (petrol) - An old, cheap engine. Less performance and less economical than either of the turbo engines.

Make sure you know which one you're getting! I might be wrong about which engine the Special Edition has, and apologies if so - just wanted to make sure you didn't accidentally get the non-turbo engine and thinking you were going to get 50mpg.
    Last edited by audigex; 31st October 2011 at 22:05.
    Ibis White A3 Sportback Black Edition.
    2.0 TDI (170) Quattro
    Pics

events moderator

Status
    they don't do a 1.6 tfsi mate only a 1.6 and the 1.6fsi no turbo , they do a 1.2 and 1.4 tfsi's

3rd Gear

Status
    That's the bugger - I pretty much skipped over the petrols: above the 1.4 my insurance got silly so it made more sense to look at the diesels.

Is the special edition the FSI or the basic though? The 1.6 is slower and less economical than that 1.2TFSI, isn't it?
    Ibis White A3 Sportback Black Edition.
    2.0 TDI (170) Quattro
    Pics

events moderator

Status
    yeah i think the special edition is the basic 1.6 8v engine and the 1.6fsi is a 16v engine and yes it is less powerful and less eco , but the 6 speed bit confuses me tho i thought only the fsi had a 6 speed box

3rd Gear

Status
    My mrs has a 1.6 special edition, it's a 5 speeder

2nd Gear

Status
    Mines a 54 reg 1.6 fsi just like frans, 115bhp ours is to be specific 6 gears I like it still beat people at the lights and get good mpg so I'm not complaining at the moment lol.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    whats the tax on the 1.6 petrol

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

2nd Gear

Status
    Special edition- £190
    FSI- £165
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    2.0TDI tax £130 a year!

just sayin
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BBlackburn View Post
    Special edition- £190
    FSI- £165
    fsi ftw lol , i was taking the piss out of ash-b not long ago as mine is cheaper than his and mine has more bhp and more mpg too lmao still wish i got a tdi tho lol

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BBlackburn View Post
    Special edition- £190
    FSI- £165
    ouch
    mines £115
    i have always wondered whats the diff is the fsi like the tdi dpf?
    cheers

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    ouch
    mines £115
    i have always understood whats the diff is the fsi like the tdi dpf?
    cheers
    fsi is more power, less emissions ,more mpg ,basically the special edition 1.6 is 8v and the fsi is 16v with direct injection a far better engine

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    fsi ftw lol , i was taking the piss out of ash-b not long ago as mine is cheaper than his and mine has more bhp and more mpg too lmao still wish i got a tdi tho lol
    should have got my old one make 47k she was mint

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    should have got my old one make 47k she was mint
    i wish i got a tdi at the time of buying my current car as she is on finance couldn't afford to do it again in a hurry tho money is tight ish but would love a tdi someday only got a year left on the finance so gonna decide what to do then

MPG the new BPH

Status
    quicks have soooooooo many and they are quite well priced for a car super market sepecally if you get a sport.
    you gonna get a sb? and are you gonna get an sline ( wish i would have always got a sb sline but i prob would not have got an 8p3 just an 8p2 couldnt have afforded it a year ago) load of ex company cars for sale now and due to it being 2008 when 8p3 came out the market is full of em

she's no d-turbo

Status
    I've an 07 1.6 FSI. Great engine IMO, haven't had any bother with mine. Touch wood!

It's quick enough for a 1.6, i think mine is around 120 bhp. I thought they would be easier on fuel, i usually get 380-400 miles from a tank.
    For Sale -
    A3 rear wiper motor and arm
    A3 air vents
    56plate A3 S-Line full speaker system including amp

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moag View Post
    I've an 07 1.6 FSI. Great engine IMO, haven't had any bother with mine. Touch wood!

It's quick enough for a 1.6, i think mine is around 120 bhp. I thought they would be easier on fuel, i usually get 380-400 miles from a tank.
    I'm sure mine is around 120bhp too john I've got a sport cat on mine got to add something eh lol

Audi Heaven

Status
    I have a September 04 brochure here, 1.6 5 speed was 102bhp, 1.6 FSi 6 speed was 115bhp.

Official figure on combined cycle were 1.6 35.3mpg, 1.6 FSi 42.8mpg
    0-60 1.6 13.2 (yawn!!) 1.6 FSi 10.9
    Top Speed 1.6 114 1.6 FSi 122
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

she's no d-turbo

Status
    so basically, buy the FSI or a derv!

1st Gear

Status
    Coar, my tax is £260
    Brilliant Black A3 2.0T S-line Quattro Special Edition. S3 front brakes, Turbo back Milltek including race cat, APR Intercooler, Evoms air intake, AMD Stage 2 map, Upgraded OEM DV, Sachs Race Clutch, SMF conversion, Forge short shifters, S3 wing mirrors, S3 Rear end, Interior LED conversion, Bi-Xenon's, LED DRL's, BBS CH's, MY 09 Rear lights, Full leather, Tinted rear windows, Custom black front grills.

events moderator

Status
    [QUOTE=moag;1405089]so basically, buy the FSI or a derv![/QUOTEi think the fsi is a good combo of good on fuel and not too slow its a good balance

1st Gear

Status
    I used to work for audi and had a company A3 which changed every couple of weeks. I would have a 1.9 TDI over the 1.6 fsi mainly due to the extra torque avaliable and also the option to remap it. They do go pretty well when mapped and also retain a decent mpg figure.

Deffo stay away from a modified 2.0tfsi as mine is doing 29mpg driving like a granny lol
    Brilliant Black A3 2.0T S-line Quattro Special Edition. S3 front brakes, Turbo back Milltek including race cat, APR Intercooler, Evoms air intake, AMD Stage 2 map, Upgraded OEM DV, Sachs Race Clutch, SMF conversion, Forge short shifters, S3 wing mirrors, S3 Rear end, Interior LED conversion, Bi-Xenon's, LED DRL's, BBS CH's, MY 09 Rear lights, Full leather, Tinted rear windows, Custom black front grills.

events moderator

Status
    i would have the tractor over the fsi too but its worth it over the standard 1.6

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, its definately a huge improvement over the standard 1.6. I was lucky enough to blag my way into the dervs most of the time lol. But the fsi is a pretty damn good engine especially in a relitavely heavy car

events moderator

Status
    yeah I'm happy with it when i bought mine i was a bit gutted i didn't buy the high millage 2.0tdi they had there at the same time but as i drove mine more and saw it was good on fuel i forgot about it i don't rag cars around anymore petrol is too dam expensive to do it nowadays so just cruise about everywhere so it returns a really good mpg figure to be fair so I'm happy for now

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissy1502002 View Post
    Coar, my tax is £260
    You not taxed yours for a while then, as they are now £265!!
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Can get the fsi up to 127bhp (if your lucky between 8-12bhp) with remap and then I suppose if you really wanted to spend the money could upgrade air filter, exhaust, induction kit and slowly creep up to 130bhp but is it worth it for a 1.6.

1st Gear

Status
    Thats the one! I was a tight arse and only did 6 months haha

Reverse Gear

Status
    ive got a 59 plate 1.6 (not fsi) its not a great engine but it gets me from a to b, get 250 miles for £50.

in an ideal world i'd have a different engine, but on the whole the cars great and a good price.

events moderator

Status
    in an ideal world i would be driving a RS4 but in the real world I'm happy with my car for now

1st Gear

Status
    We had an 2009 A3 SB 1.6 Technik which wasnt that great on fuel.
    About the same as the S3.
    It wasnt labelled as FSI so it might have been an older motor, so worth checking the exact engine variant.
    2012 RS3 Daytona grey - VW T5 Transporter 4motion 130 - VW UP!

events moderator

Status
    i thought the technik was a normal 1.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast