JLM or Powermaxx DPF Cleaner!!

Dannykn9

"Cruise My Ride"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Come across these today on the web after I got my DPF light on, first time ever! Quickly cleared it with a 20 mile drive on M11 doing over 2k at about 70mph in fifth gear.

How PowerMaxx DPF Power Clean - High Power Cleaner for Diesel Particle Filters Works

The JLM diesel particulate filter cleaner is available in 2 versions. Diesel Partikel filter Reiniger gibt es in 2 versions. Diesel roetfilter reiniger is er in 2 versies.

Just wanted to know if anyone has used this stuff. It says to add into tank before filling up and should last between 3-6 months. Apparently it helps burn soot at lower temperatures and helps regeneration a lot easier and keeps the DPF cleaner and last longer!

Considering the DPF problems on 140's and especially 170's with a remap, maybe it is worth giving it a try?

What is everyone's thoughts and opinions?

From what Ive been reading the soot needs to be burnt off at around 1000 deg C and the problem with diesels is they just cant get the exhaust that hot, apparantly its been a known problem for along time but emissions regs pushed DPFs onto the market before the technology was really viable. My brother used to work on busses and the solution to blocked DPFs there was to turn them around the other way so the soot got blown out anyway. If there was a magical solution im sure the truck and buss companies would be all over it.

I cant see how anything can reduce the temp that soot can burn off but if your willing to give it a go report back on your findings.

From what i can gather, is that it is an additive and that it helps break down the soot, therefore not needing as high temperatures to burn it off. The temp insinde the exhaust system does not actually decrease, but it is with the aid of the additive (dpf cleaner) that allows the soot to burn off easier on regen.
Am tempted to try but this is the first time the warning light has ever come on in 5 years as most driving is mainly motorway, dual carriage etc..and has always done an auto regen.
Maybe someone who has the light come on more frequent due to start/stop city driving etc.. will be able to give better results on this.

Either way may add a can of this as i guess it won't harm the car.