RNSE MK2 owners: 32Gb SDHC class 10 card one day offer @ Play.com (£17.99)

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Reactions: Pauljamescaton, Paullie and ryanstewart9
Cracking find Warren, you genius! Gonna order one right now :wub: xx

Sorry for sounding thick, but what is class 10?

Read / write speed (somewhere between 10-24Mb per second, but there is no defined class standard, producers basically make it up as there is no industry standard). Plainly a guide, for cameras the bigger the better, but for RNSE anything over 4.

64gb incoming here; god it's been an expensive week :scared2:

Can't argue with that, now I just need to do some work :lmfao:

I ain't even used my other ones yet Warren :laugh:

I just dumped a load of clutter onto them, need ordering and there seems to be no easy way of doing this!

are these compatible for all rns-e units, or just the newer ones?

Only the Mk2 hi def screen versions manufactured from around 2010 onwards.

Anyone got a link to card's that work with the pre-2010 RNS-E units? I've tried 2 now both to avail :(

Garbage i sell these cards working for jessops every day 23mbps max sandisks new cards are topping 120mbps You get what you pay for.

Garbage i sell these cards working for jessops every day 23mbps max sandisks new cards are topping 120mbps You get what you pay for.

We're not suggesting using them for a Canon EOS-1D / Nikon D3s, just for music files on RNSe. Is there any benefit to paying for excessive transfer speeds the unit won't benefit from? Doubt the RNSe will see any benefit from much more than 30mbps.

Massive difference in file reading speed between the cards I tested a few and notices massive delays when switching tracks especially on shuffle

I'm heading down to Bristol this friday for xmas and I'll be taking the car Warren, so I'll load it up and let you know. Good lad you are

I'm heading down to Bristol this friday for xmas and I'll be taking the car Warren, so I'll load it up and let you know. Good lad you are

Good man. Seem to do the trick in our car, no real lag, but then I haven't used track shuffle.

I finished work for Xmas on Friday night so any spare time this week will be spent squaring up the playlists. Mac is tied up doing the painful update to iTunes match, been going for 36 hours and still 300+ songs to go.

Hoping BlueHarvest software will clear all the dross of the card!

Have a good journey / holiday lad, and make sure you load up some banging tunes. I'm having a hankering for a bit of Zen Cuts, Ninja Tunes and Roni Size, DJ Shadow and LTJ Bukem this week so I know which playlist is priority no.1!

Cheers Warren, bought a few of these as soon as you originally posted and they are great. I'm also a Mac user so if you have any tips in creating effective playlists on the card (from iTunes) it would really appreciated. Like yourself, I finished work on Friday so got a bit of spare time this week to mess about with the cards!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers Warren, bought a few of these as soon as you originally posted and they are great. I'm also a Mac user so if you have any tips in creating effective playlists on the card (from iTunes) it would really appreciated. Like yourself, I finished work on Friday so got a bit of spare time this week to mess about with the cards!

Thanks in advance!

Doesn't seem to be easy way really. Open finder and then on one card I've created playlist folders which are alphabetically listed.

Then split window so half size iTunes window and half Finder window. Playlists on SD card mirror naming in iTunes. Drag contents from playlist content (select all tracks) into Finder folder.

Once they've copied over you can accept the ordering, but all files will contain the track number ahead of the track name (e.g. 01). I go through and reorder as I like a decent flow to the playlist. Takes a while on these big cards, but only way on bespoke playlists to sort them out.

Second card has favourite albums and I created 26 folders A-Z by artists and dumped them in the right one so not spending hours twiddling!

Basics in place, but now need to populate. Quick it ain't, but Blueharvest removes duplicate meta files being carried over.

Any better methods greatly appreciated!

Once they've copied over you can accept the ordering, but all files will contain the track number ahead of the track name (e.g. 01). I go through and reorder as I like a decent flow to the playlist. Takes a while on these big cards, but only way on bespoke playlists to sort them out.

Thanks mate, I was hoping that there was an easier way for creating a be-spoke playlist. I will have to have a play around when I get five!

I'm selling my 2 x 32GB SD cards if anyone wants to buy them, brand new & used. £30 posted for the pair! Same play ones at the top of the page ;)