Question regarding "Coming home lights" Black Edition

Avus Sportback

Reaction score
Guys,

I have just retrofitted the coming home lights mod to my Sportback Black Edition (Xenon LED DRL's), and all is working fine. Just been driving home in the dark now and realised that my light position switch was set on DRL'S but yet my Xenons were on?

I didn't think my car had "Auto" lights and I'm sure it's only done this since the mod, previously I'm positive my Xenons wouldn't have come on unless I selected dipped beam on the switch!

Am I going mad or have they always been automatic?

The clue is on the switch...does it say AUTO as the first position ( mine does)...better still have you got auto wipers and the sensor on the screen behind the interior mirror ?

I've just helped someone out whose lights were on even when the switch was turned off.

First check with VCDS for error codes.

Secondly, have you had the main light switch apart to do you changes. If so its likely like the bloke I saw it hasn't gone back together properly.

What did you change to do your retro fit?.

normally if the xenons come on when they are 'not meant to' its a fault on the car. could be wiring or coding depending on what you have done to it.

Not sure, will check tomorrow. The wife has had the car all day....

Will check later for fault codes

Last edited:
Ok guys, finally sorted it....It appears that with the LED DRL'S you don't have to check Byte 5, only Byte 7

All working as it should now, thanks anyway :arco: