AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Exhaust tips dont fit S-Line??

Im looking at a 58 plate S-Line, which definitley needs some chrome exhaust tips. The official audi ones dont fit S-lines according to the website, why is that? Is it something to do with the rear diffuser? Is it possible to put chrome tips on the facelifted S-Line!?

2. # ADS
    ADS

MPG the new BPH

Status
    heres my 58 ( 09) a3 sline with the tips from the factory

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Reverse Gear

Status
    The one im looking at doesnt have those, just plain black ones. The car is brilliant black so would look good with them. It also needs that S-line badge on the front grill that yours has, will have to ask the dealer for one.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    my avitar is not mine. the car on my sig is. the new sline dont have grill badges that is an s3 grill that some one has put an sline badge on.

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Reynolds View Post
    Im looking at a 58 plate S-Line, which definitley needs some chrome exhaust tips. The official audi ones dont fit S-lines according to the website, why is that? Is it something to do with the rear diffuser? Is it possible to put chrome tips on the facelifted S-Line!?
    hi mate mines a 58 plate s line with the original audi chrome tips and ive just pulled one off and the part number is stamped into it -8PO 253 825

Hope that helps
    My red sportback pics

WANTED - 10mm hubcentric wheel spacers

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris71 View Post
    hi mate mines a 58 plate s line with the original audi chrome tips and ive just pulled one off and the part number is stamped into it -8PO 253 825

Hope that helps
    Thanks for that, at least it does exist then, but i wonder why it is not on the audi website, they have a couple of tips but all say does not fit s line.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Reynolds View Post
    Thanks for that, at least it does exist then, but i wonder why it is not on the audi website, they have a couple of tips but all say does not fit s line.
    Best to give your local audi a call and give em the part number for price but they definately exist mate they are the ones on mine.

Think you would be looking at around the £60 mark for the pair
    My red sportback pics

WANTED - 10mm hubcentric wheel spacers

1st Gear

Status
    You can buy 'S' Line badges on Ebay complete with a little bracket for the grille. The bracket is not an EXACT match for the profile of later grilles but can be modified and with Superglue easy to install. For the pedants such aftermarket badges are more chrome than matt finish of the OE as fitted to front wings, but who cares they match the chrome rings of the grille. I know 'cos I have done so on my '09.

If you can pull the OE exhaust trims off you should be able to buy large bore aftermarket replacements as opposed to getting ripped off by greedy Audi. Those pictured don't look that bad and surely could be cleaned up.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WAFTER View Post
    You can buy 'S' Line badges on Ebay complete with a little bracket for the grille. The bracket is not an EXACT match for the profile of later grilles but can be modified and with Superglue easy to install. For the pedants such aftermarket badges are more chrome than matt finish of the OE as fitted to front wings, but who cares they match the chrome rings of the grille. I know 'cos I have done so on my '09.

If you can pull the OE exhaust trims off you should be able to buy large bore aftermarket replacements as opposed to getting ripped off by greedy Audi. Those pictured don't look that bad and surely could be cleaned up.
    hmmmmmmm wait and get s3 grill and mod it ? or do a temp grill mod to my crap standard one ?
    got the link ?

1st Gear

Status
    Surely it says 'not suitable for S Line models' on the website as they should have the tips anyway? It's the same with the spoiler upgrade - the S Line kit comes with one so i guess they have to state it won't fit incase someone buys it by mistake / confusion.
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

MPG the new BPH

Status
    found a couple on e bay.
    not sure wich one will work as the new sline dont have a special cut out for the badge.

this one ?
    AUDI S Line Car Grill Badge Emblem S3 S4 S5 RS3 RS4 RS5 TT Q7 A3 A4 (16) | eBay

or this one ?

AUDI S LINE Grill Badge A3 A4 S3 A6 A8 S S4 S8 RS3 RS4 | eBay