Badger5Volks Autos
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Ordered Some Non-LED Super White Bulbs For A3/S3 2010+ Number Plate Lights

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    Seems so, and much cheaper than I expected. Will see if there is any import duties to pay, but on an item costing less than $15????? Can't be much.
    You won't have any import duty to pay on them, Warren. They'll come straight to you. xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    Thanks Paulie.
    These look great and I have just ordered a set!

I changed my Fog Lights to a Xenon match Halogen too.
    LEDs would have been great but happy with the finished product.
    You can see the small blue from the tip of the globe.
    Would have ordered your recommendations if I had of seen them prior.
    Great stuff Fella, I think you'll be very happy with them when you get them fitted. They look SO much better than the OE plate lights. xx

Neutral

Status
    Hi Paullie,

Just sent you a PM let me know if you get it ok.

1st Gear

Status
    Mine have been dispatched!!! Can't wait!!!
    2011 S3 Sportback Black Edition - Exclusive Suzuka Grey

Opensky | Buckets | Comfort Pack | Extended Leather Pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Rear and Side Sun Blinds

Mods - RS3 Diffuser | H&R 10/12mm Spacers | Philips CV fogs | Full Interior LED Bulbs | Polarg Number plate Bulbs | Gloss Black Front Splitter

Mods to come - RS3 grille | Supersprint Dual Exhaust

Status
    I've just received an email from the US company saying my Polarg Invoice has been processed, then I got an email 2 minutes later saying the bulbs are on long back order and they've been cancelled and I've been refunded.

FFS, this week it's been 0 steps forward and about 5 back (cracked spacer, wheel wobble, no bulbs, yellow Osram fog lights, couldn't get car mapped as guy who does it was ill).

Now to find another supplier!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Wtf!

I haven't had no email to say they're on back order. As yet!
    2011 S3 Sportback Black Edition - Exclusive Suzuka Grey

Opensky | Buckets | Comfort Pack | Extended Leather Pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Rear and Side Sun Blinds

Mods - RS3 Diffuser | H&R 10/12mm Spacers | Philips CV fogs | Full Interior LED Bulbs | Polarg Number plate Bulbs | Gloss Black Front Splitter

Mods to come - RS3 grille | Supersprint Dual Exhaust

Neutral

Status
    I ordered from the same company (buyheadlightbulbs.com) on Sunday evening and mine were dispatched last night complete with tracking number, this thread has made them sell out lol!

2nd Gear

Status
    I got the cancelled order and refund email too!

Any other suppliers?
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

1st Gear

Status
    Yup - mine were also shipped early this morning - sorry
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi

Just a couple of questions!

A couple of months ago, I changed my number plate bulbs to Canbus LED's - Which throw up a error message! There also too bright and light up the floor a little bit (Very eye catchy) therefore before i order, are they really bright and give off a lot more light?

Secondly, my fog lights look yellow in comparison to the xenons - Which in my opinion looks shocking! Is there anyway I could change these, so there much whiter - but legal avoiding the chavy blue bulb?
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyW19 View Post
    Hi

Just a couple of questions!

A couple of months ago, I changed my number plate bulbs to Canbus LED's - Which throw up a error message! There also too bright and light up the floor a little bit (Very eye catchy) therefore before i order, are they really bright and give off a lot more light?

Secondly, my fog lights look yellow in comparison to the xenons - Which in my opinion looks shocking! Is there anyway I could change these, so there much whiter - but legal avoiding the chavy blue bulb?
    GP Thunder 8500k and 7500k (im using 7500k)

Last edited by grimp; 23rd November 2011 at 04:48.
    MattyW19 and Paullie like this.
    2010 SB TDI - Accuair E-level - Air Lift Slam front and rear - Bentley CGT 9 spokes - Votex hatch spoiler - S3 front and rear - RNS-E mk2

Banana Menace!

Status
    Sorry to hear some of you have had your orders cancelled for these . There appear to be some other online suppliers, but they are all in the US and the postage charges are astronomical ($36 for 2 tiny bulbs!!).

Autodynamic.com

Matrix Racing- Euro Altezza Tail Lights, Clear Projector Headlights, Auto Accessories, and Performance Parts for Cars & Trucks (£36.75 for bulbs, including shipping)

There is also the other option to order Hoen Xenonmatch Halogen C5W bulbs, which are essentially the same thing and once again lots of VAG owners in the US rate these very highly for use in their number plate lights. I believe these can only be ordered direct from Hoen, they cost £13.32 per pair plus postage (you have to register to find out how much postage costs).

https://www.2checkout.com/checkout/purchase

Sorry for being the cause of the shortage in these bulbs, guys xx

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Sorry for being the cause of the shortage in these bulbs, guys xx
    you should ask for commission.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Lol, I like the sound of that

1st Gear

Status
    i managed to strip one of the screws so I am driving around with this "hybrid solution" atm

Duuurty car

2010 SB TDI - Accuair E-level - Air Lift Slam front and rear - Bentley CGT 9 spokes - Votex hatch spoiler - S3 front and rear - RNS-E mk2

Banana Menace!

Status
    Aww Grimp, the same thing happened to me, first time I swapped out the plate light bulbs. The screws Audi supply seem to be made of chocolate and if you even point a screwdriver at them they strip all by themselves, lol! I had to drill out the whole unit using a Dremel multi tool, ..was a PITA of a job!! I bought some M3 15mm hex headed screws in the end to make sure the same thing would never happen again. Unfortuantely Audi don't sell the screws separately from the light units, ..think I paid around £11 for a replacement unit. xx

Z216 HPI BUTTON HEAD SCREW M3X15MM (HEX SOCKET/ | eBay

6th Gear

Status
    Aww Grimp, the same thing happened to me, first time I swapped out the plate light bulbs. The screws Audi supply seem to be made of chocolate and if you even point a screwdriver at them they strip all by themselves, lol! I had to drill out the whole unit using a Dremel multi tool, ..was a PITA of a job!! I bought some M3 15mm hex headed screws in the end to make sure the same thing would never happen again. Unfortuantely Audi don't sell the screws separately from the light units, ..think I paid around £11 for a replacement unit. xx

Same happened to me, replaced both units in the end. The screws are ****e!
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by grimp View Post
    i managed to strip one of the screws so I am driving around with this "hybrid solution" atm

Duuurty car

What plate bulbs are you using bud? Same as Paulie's? They look very white...

1st Gear

Status
    Jupp they are exactly the same, guess its just easyer to tell since i got a white car and and not yellow plates

Status

My Social Networking

Hey guys,

Good news. Through some contacts at work I have managed to get hold of the manufacturer of this product. I am inquiring about getting some sent to the UK to distribute. How many would be up for purchasing some? Obviously we wouldn't need to worry about high postage...

Tim
    Last edited by Cruiser89; 24th November 2011 at 15:37.
    Paullie and Artimus like this.

Neutral

Status
    I take some for my brother!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Defo for me please, I was also one of the ones who ordered and then had my order rejected!

Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser89 View Post
    Hey guys,

Good news. Through some contacts at work I have managed to get hold of the manufacturer of this product. I am inquiring about getting some sent to the UK to distribute. How many would be up for purchasing some? Obviously we wouldn't need to worry about high postage...

Tim
    I certainly would depending on total price
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

2nd Gear

Status
    I've just found these and baught some!

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

Banana Menace!

Status
    I've just found these and baught some!

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    I posted details of those ones earlier in the thread wondering if anyone would be interested in giving them a go. Nice one! Really looking forward to seeing how they look fitted and lit as they did seem to look a bit on the blue side on the pic they show on the listing. They'd certainly be a lot cheaper than the Polarg's including the shipping. xx

Banana Menace!

Status
    Hey guys,

Tim
    Well done Dude! It's rubbish that these can't - so far -be sourced in the UK xx

2nd Gear

Status
    I posted details of those ones earlier in the thread wondering if anyone would be interested in giving them a go. Nice one! Really looking forward to seeing how they look fitted and lit as they did seem to look a bit on the blue side on the pic they show on the listing. They'd certainly be a lot cheaper than the Polarg's including the shipping. xx
    Haha oh rite, I've just been skipping through the thread because I replaced them with Canbus LEDS (error message still) a couple of months ago - Yes they are WAY to bright but the screws have nearly rounded completly, so i'm going to have to look at sorting that too!

To be honest I thought that myself - they seem very blue on the picture, as the polarg ones seem to be what I was after

More excited about the H11 Xenon Ring fogs which are on there way! I'll post a pic what they look like when I've got them installed

Banana Menace!

Status
    I think a lot of us have had similar problems with the screws rounding off, ..I also posted a link to some hex headed M3 15mm screws on the last page, that will replace the OEM screws and will ensure the rounding off never happens again. Just in case you're interested in getting yourself some, here it is again. xx

Last edited by Paullie; 24th November 2011 at 20:39.
    MattyW19 likes this.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Darn it guys, I've just come across these LED number plate lights on Ebay. The listing states that they are specifically for ALL A3/S3 models from 2009-2011!!!! GRRR!!!!! What to do? Anyone want to give them a try?? xx

Audi A3+S3 2009-2011 LED Kennzeichenbeleuchtung weiß | eBay

2nd Gear

Status
    Haha thank you! I'll get ordering some of them now - hopefully they won't be to hard to replace!

Thank you for your help

2nd Gear

Status
    Darn it guys, I've just come across these LED number plate lights on Ebay. The listing states that they are specifically for ALL A3/S3 models from 2009-2011!!!! GRRR!!!!! What to do? Anyone want to give them a try?? xx

Audi A3+S3 2009-2011 LED Kennzeichenbeleuchtung weiß | eBay
    Keep with the polarg - Unless you want LEDS that light up the car behind

Banana Menace!

Status
    Keep with the polarg - Unless you want LEDS that light up the car behind
    Lol, yeah, LED's can be a bit on the bright side. Think I'll just stop with what I've got. xx

Neutral

Status
    hi paullie firstly sweet work on the car, i have been looking on ebay at the philips diamond visions you have in you fogs. problem is one company seems to be selling from locations all over the world, would you mind taking a peer round ebey to see if this is who you purchased from.
    NEW! PHILIPS diamond vision 5000k super white headlight bulbs H11 JDM SPEC | eBay

hope the link works never tried posting one before. thanks tommy

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    hi paullie firstly sweet work on the car, i have been looking on ebay at the philips diamond visions you have in you fogs. problem is one company seems to be selling from locations all over the world, would you mind taking a peer round ebey to see if this is who you purchased from.
    NEW! PHILIPS diamond vision 5000k super white headlight bulbs H11 JDM SPEC | eBay

hope the link works never tried posting one before. thanks tommy
    Hi there Tommy, the supplier I bought mine from is the same one as in your link (they are the only supplier I could find worldwide of H11's). They arrived within 5 days, no probs. They are slightly cheaper depending on where they are coming from, ..I think from Australia was cheapest of all at £37, but obviously they will take longest to arrive from there and may incur customs charges. I bought from their German listing as they were slightly cheaper than from London and there were no customs charges. xx

Link to listing I bought mine from -

2 X PHILIPS Diamond Vision 5000K Scheinwerferlampe H11 JDM SPEC | eBay

EDIT - Thanks very much for your kind words about my car, much appreciated Dude xx
    Last edited by Paullie; 24th November 2011 at 21:36.

Neutral

Status
    thanks pauillie just orderd them, should have pure vision soon

Banana Menace!

Status
    They look AMAZING! You're gonna love them and wish for fog so you can use them, lol! xx

2nd Gear

Status
    Those LEDs look waaaay too bright.
    I am trying to organise a group buy to Australia from Autodynamic but they have not responded yet.

IMO, these Polarg globes are a perfect mix of the white light but without lighting up the rear end of your car.
    Grimp's photo is a perfect example of this.
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

VAG Junkie

Status
    Hey guys,

Tim
    I'd be interested in these buddy.
    Current - Ibis White S3 with added LOBA,Sachs,AutoTech,Custom Map,Recaro,ITG,Eibach,3SDM,Milltek flavourings.
    Ex Ibiza Cupra R, Mk1 Leon Cupra R, Mk V Golf GTi, Mk2 Leon Cupra K1 and B7 Audi RS4 Owner!

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    Those LEDs look waaaay too bright.
    I am trying to organise a group buy to Australia from Autodynamic but they have not responded yet.

IMO, these Polarg globes are a perfect mix of the white light but without lighting up the rear end of your car.
    Grimp's photo is a perfect example of this.
    I should be getting hold of some of these in the near future. Got hold of the manufacturer in Tokyo early this morning. So could ship some out to you.

Minimum order I have to purchase is 100. Will work out some prices and then get back to you all. Don't wanna get all these in and then only sell ten. Haha.

1st Gear

Status
    For those of you who have these, how long did they take to arrive?

Checked the tracking number they left and mine seem to be stuck in Chatsworth, CA for a while now!?
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast