Finally got it sorted after £2500 spent.

Dougster67

Reaction score
After a year and a half, i finally got my Engine Management light to stay off. After £2500 and plenty of arguing.

Here is a list of what has been done.
1. 2 new lambda sensors
2. New front part of exhaust. (As i was told cat had went at 40,000 miles)
3. Coolant temp sensor
4. Nox sensor
5. New middle section of exhaust as technicians broke it when trying to get EGT sensor out to test
6. New EGT sensor.

Fingers crossed this is it fixed now

ouch thats a lot of dish mate , what engine do you have in your car , my emissions light is on its a lamba sensor (hopefully)

all your own funds? if so :eiertritt:that must of hurt

by emissions sensor you mean engine management light?

ouch thats a lot of dish mate , what engine do you have in your car , my emissions light is on its a lamba sensor (hopefully)

The car i have is a 1.6 FSI Sport. I have also noticed that my fuel consumption has got alot better from an avarage of 30mpg to around 40mpg

The car i have is a 1.6 FSI Sport. I have also noticed that my fuel consumption has got alot better from an avarage of 30mpg to around 40mpg
same as mine then i get 45+ mpg daily do you run yours on super unleaded i do it gives a really good mpg over normal unleaded on a run I've seen 53mpg before now

same as mine then i get 45+ mpg daily do you run yours on super unleaded i do it gives a really good mpg over normal unleaded on a run I've seen 53mpg before now

Oh iv never had it that high, but i just use the normal unleaded, i might try the super stuff, I wil let you know how i get on.
By the way ur car is stunning i love the black wheels against the red.

Wow, that's a lot of money for that kind of fix.

Hope it's now sorted for you.