s3 bgw car scouts ltd

giggs

Reaction score
hi there everyone i have seen a 08 s3 for sale at bgw car scouts just wondered if anyone had any dealings with them i rang them up and he said he was a trader but didnt have a garage but i could view it in 2 different locations depending on which was closer for me.Do you all think it sounds a bit dodgy or should i go and view it only i am a bit worried when its a 16 to 17k car.

It could be all above board and a legitimate one-man trader, but for a 16-17k car I wouldn't feel comfortable buying from anywhere other than an actual independent/main dealership or privately from someone's home - and even then I'd probably prefer to pay that little bit extra and get it from a dealer.

I'd be giving this one a miss to be honest.

i second that you will find one from a dealer for that. keep looking took me 9 months to find mine ( a3 not s3 )

By the way, a quick google brings up this:

BGW Car Scouts Ltd
4 Newcombe Drive
Arnold
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG5 6RX

On the positive side it looks as though he has set himself up as a motor dealer and isn't trying to pull a fast one with the taxman. He's been trading since 2008 and has filed two years worth of accounts.

Maybe he is a good one amongst a bad bunch.

TBH some traders sell from there houses, cuts done overheads, just do some online research of said trader & do all the hpi etc checks neccessary unless he has a verified hpi check from 1 of the well known companies you can verify yourself with.