ideas?

TaylorK

Reaction score
Got my 3 door audi a3 2.0tdi finsished in black (2004) recently! My first car! :D As I'm only 17 I don't have a great income so I was wondering if anyone could recomend any modifications that I could do at relatively low cost. Any thoughts on changing rear lights to MY2011's or 09's? window tinting or adding an S line spoiler? Any advice would be appricated greatly! Also can anyone recomend some alloys that would look goood? Got the bog standard poverty spec ones atm :Flush:
Also any general advice for me would be great as I'm pretty new to audi ownership! Many thanks!!

welcome to the fourm and well done on passing your test
well done on the new car dont know mean people who had an audi for there first. i presume you have the sport wheels ? and if so i agree they are poo but hey ho i would stick to 17"s personally as 18" can look a bit odd if the car is an (SE) as the suspention is not lowered. i would go for some used wheels may be 2009 style i got some for £350 on my old car.

are you gonna tint youself ?
where you based?

Thanks! haven't passed my test yet, but it is very soon!! possibly jumping the gun in buying a car before! LOL I'm based in cornwall! Not sure on how to tint the windows, seen kits on ebay precut to fit for around £30 pretty tempted by them but I'm sure I'd make a fairly crappy job of installing them! These are the wheels I've got, think they're from the previous generation car, not sure why though :/ >> Redirect Notice
I know, crap isn't even the word to describe them.

there not that bad the ones i had where like the golf gti ones. you should think about doing a sling grill conversion or a little mod i like where people paint bumper by the plate and the retrim in crome. ill try and find a pic

this is sarahs a3 before the s3 conversion and this is the before and after mod i was talking about cheaper than chnageing the bumper grill and bonnet for a single grill conversion.
50fd9918.jpg

88ba672c.jpg

Welcome to the club... i'm 18 so i know how you feel with the lack of income lol As said above you should get your windows tinted and get some chrome exhaust tips just because the tdi ones are so manky.

get some chrome exhaust tips just because the tdi ones are so manky.

tried to shine my old ones no joy : (
if you search the fourm some of our members have got some ebay ones and they are dead nice like the new tdi ones

tried to shine my old ones no joy : (
if you search the fourm some of our members have got some ebay ones and they are dead nice like the new tdi ones

Yeah i tried to get those! Unfortunately there nowhere to be seen now... if you see some cheap ones give me a shout please! :thumbsup:

will do zo
thsese are the ones on mine but note sure if you can buy them separate from audi.
DSC00092.jpg

I recon tints and S-Line spoiler should do it on a low-ish budget :)

I'd get some wheels and lower your car first of all. Its do'able on £500-£600 and will make the world of difference.
Rear lights, spoiler, tints etc are nice mods... but wheels and height is where its at for bigger smiles.

i've heard the DIY kits are VERY difficult to do without bubbling if you arent experienced, i know its only £30, but that £30 might be better spent on professionalk tints as a lot of places don't charge that much and will often have a guarantee on the tints not bubbling.

im new to all the audi stuff too! my second car is what i have now.... the 2004 A3 3.2 V6 (big jump from a mk4 Gti :) especialy as i am only 20 years old!! )
First thing i did was Get a xenon conversion (£100) and got my standard Alloys painted Black.
Car was completely standard withouit a spoiler etc, but these simple mods have mad a hell of a difference already!

BEFORE...
2rf829s.jpg

AFTER

nn9n5z.jpg

i had them wheels i ****** hated them still in my shed. look better in black tho

Yeah they looked horrible when standard, but in time i will have the car lowered, and a spoiler put on - wheels will look fab! :)

I think in black they look similar to the MK5 GTI ones ! (except in black of course :eyebrows: )

I think in black they look similar to the MK5 GTI ones ! (except in black of course :eyebrows: )

yep i have seen em on golfs before think thats the reson ( with the audi centre caps on ) fit stright on a mk 5