Can anyone get cheaper Eibach springs than these?

I ordered from them last week. Delivery is £10 but I still couldn't find anywhere that did them cheaper delivered.

I ordered mine at lunch time on Wednesday and they were with me by lunchtime the next day. Packing label says they came direct from Eibach. Amazing service, can't fault them.

I ordered from them last week. Delivery is £10 but I still couldn't find anywhere that did them cheaper delivered.

I ordered mine at lunch time on Wednesday and they were with me by lunchtime the next day. Packing label says they came direct from Eibach. Amazing service, can't fault them.

That's me sold. Thanks :)

Your other option is:

If you are going to pay to have them fitted and you live anywhere near an AMD then they will supply the springs and front top mounts, fit and align it all for £299 all in.

Your other option is:

If you are going to pay to have them fitted and you live anywhere near an AMD then they will supply the springs and front top mounts, fit and align it all for £299 all in.

What are the top mounts for? and are they a must when fitting new springs? I've not heard of this before.

What are the top mounts for? and are they a must when fitting new springs? I've not heard of this before.

It really depends on the state/mileage on your current ones. They sit at the top of your struts connecting to the car.
If yours are worn you don't want to put new springs in and then have them starting to knock etc because of the extra stress on them, and then having to pay labour again to have them fitted a few weeks/months later.
Most prefer to get them done at the same time as lowering because while the suspension is being taken apart its easier/more cost effective to have them done at the same time.

It really depends on the state/mileage on your current ones. They sit at the top of your struts connecting to the car.
If yours are worn you don't want to put new springs in and then have them starting to knock etc because of the extra stress on them, and then having to pay labour again to have them fitted a few weeks/months later.
Most prefer to get them done at the same time as lowering because while the suspension is being taken apart its easier/more cost effective to have them done at the same time.

I see, makes sense. Do I just need to replace them with OEM or uprated ones? What kind of cost am I looking at just for the parts?

As I'm about to get the Koni FSD and probably the Eibach Pro 30mm spings should I change the Top mounts? 07 2.0Tdi 170 dsg sportback with 37k miles.

The reason why I even started thinking about the suspension is the knocking sound when going over speedbumps, potholes that an Audi mechanic said was likely to be a shock after a test drive. I had all the suspension inspected prior to to that at Kwik fit and they said all looked ok but can a top mount problem be ruled out?

I wouldn't take what kwik fit said as gospel. Knocking nosies over bumps etc could be down to many things... top mounts included.
Sometimes it doesn't even have to be suspension related. I had a knocking on my last A3 and it was the engine mounts.

I wouldn't take what kwik fit said as gospel. Knocking nosies over bumps etc could be down to many things... top mounts included.
Sometimes it doesn't even have to be suspension related. I had a knocking on my last A3 and it was the engine mounts.

Cheers,

it's comoing from the rear axle as there is no sounds when the front axle goes over the bump or pothole.

is there a suspension mounting kit that one should use when replacing shocks? as you said beofre it's labour efficient to get it all done at once.

I'd be surprised if anything in your suspension is knackered after 37K.

I had a creaking noise from the rear of my last car. I was obsessed with it and was convinced that a wheel would someday just fall off. I put the car into my friends garage and he spent 3 days searching for the creak. He said it was like that old VW advert where the woman turns out to have a squeaky earing (anyone else old enough to remember that ad?). In the end it turned out to be a lower suspension bush that wasn't worn, it just creaked.

I'd change the mounts just so you can eliminate them.

I'd be surprised if anything in your suspension is knackered after 37K.

I had a creaking noise from the rear of my last car. I was obsessed with it and was convinced that a wheel would someday just fall off. I put the car into my friends garage and he spent 3 days searching for the creak. He said it was like that old VW advert where the woman turns out to have a squeaky earing (anyone else old enough to remember that ad?). In the end it turned out to be a lower suspension bush that wasn't worn, it just creaked.

I'd change the mounts just so
you can eliminate them.

I do remember that ad, a Mk2 Golf Gti I think.

The reason the Audi mechanic said he thought it was a shock was that it was double sound clunk when you go over a bump like something knocking on the way up and then the way down

how much difference will these springs make.drop to the sline suspension?

I'm quite interested also in lowering my car, has anyone got a pic at all with these springs?
Cheers

Hi I have a S3 SB anyone tried just swapping the front springs to something that lowers around 35mm, 10mm more than stock?
Just to get the same gap as the back...

/M