Tyres rubbing S3 2011

chvcky

Reaction score
Just fitted 235 x 35 ZR19 Falken F452 tyres to Borbet CW1 wheels and iI have a bit of rubbing now and again only from rear

I have an S3 black edition 2011 and the rear inner arches seem to have a felt liner presumably for noise reductio and I think it is the tyre rubbing this but as yet can't see any marks

Anyone else had this and sorted it please ?

Perhaps I should have fitted 225 tyres ?

Thanks ya'll

should have gone with a 225 tyre, what wheel width are they? you could try and remove the arch lining screw, this is normally the culprit

They are 8" and I have checked this arch screw and no damage to it so feel sureish it's not that ...

I had this problem when i had 19s with 235/35 tyres i removed the screw and it still caught the odd times. I then modified the arch with a file and a grinder lol, i trimmed down where the screw used to be and treated it with underseal etc to stop any rust and never had a problem after that

crikey a grinder now I am scared !....wish I could just see some evidence of where it is rubbing but I can't...suppose it could be on the inside of the wheel/tre aginst something on the inner arch

Thing is Demon tweeks said these would be ok and they are not..so might contact them

Well done Nat :)..Chv...listen to Nat, he's our wheel man !