Dealers resetting ECU after work?

lil_coz

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got off the phone with my dealer here (Hitchin), and I just got told that when the car goes in for work and gets plugged in, it resets the ECU and if you car is mapped, it needs doing again?

Anyone else heard this? :uhm:

it depends if there is an ecu update/upgrade from audi for your particular model - these are pretty rare to be honest, but if audi flash your ecu then yes you will lose your remap

when the car goes in, get them to write on the job sheet that they must contact you before ANY software updates -that way they would offer say an alarm update, but not an ecu update

Hey guys, just got off the phone with my dealer here (Hitchin), and I just got told that when the car goes in for work and gets plugged in, it resets the ECU and if you car is mapped, it needs doing again?

Anyone else heard this? :uhm:

It does reset the ECU but not the whole software. It resets it so it has to learn the new parameters of new parts fitted etc. Mine is mapped and had it serviced the other day at Audi and on driving it out the forecourt it felt as flat as a pancake. Took about 100 miles to sort itself out and now it goes better than before the service. It did have new coil packs fitted so that helped!!

Problem sorted. Going in on Thursday to have some mustard put up it's bottom! :racer:

Thanks guys!