Main dealer, how much discount?

sting3r

Reaction score
Seen an a3 im interested in at my local dealership, its up for 13k which is list price according to parkers. I dont really want to spend more than 12k, is this realistic? Its like an 8% discount which isnt that massive. Anyone know how moveable Audi are on their approved used cars?

May depend if you have PX or not. In the current economic climate they will struggle to refuse £12k. I know from tracking approved car prices before I purchased mine that cars would drop 5% or so after a few weeks if they hadn't shifted so I think there is always scope to make a deal.

Also, what I was initially offered for PX was £1k less than where the deal was made but that was against a more expensive car than the you've mentioned. Go in armed with prices of similar models from different dealers to add a bit of leverage - give it a go and be willing to walk if they are not playing ball!

8% is certainly doable: I know mine was new so not quite comparable, but I got not far off 12%. I'd be disappointed with much less than 10% on any car.

Depends how much the car owes the dealer as to how much discount they will give you... End of the month this weekend so deals will be doable for month bonuses....