beware FYI

Buzzer

Reaction score
Gps Data Stored In Digital Photographs - VAGdrivers - sponsored by Alloy-Wheels.iehis was a surprise to me, it also tells you how to prevent
Hope this helps for future posts and pics

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a galaxy s2 go into camera then hit the settings button top right and scroll down to GPS tag. Make sure its off.

For those who might be concerned about this, It appears that photobucket blocks EXIF data on images.

I just used the decoder linked in that thread, and linking it to a photobucket image of mine it couldn't give me any data, but linking it directly to a pic on my hard drive from my phone, it could tell me everything.

Most of the data embedded in the Exif file in a digital photo relates to exposure, metering, shutter speed etc etc. You can of course tell your camera to include your name or business name if you shoot for a living. I shoot for fun but have my name included and as a copy right. The exif file will also include a GPS position for where the photo was taken but only if the camera has a GPS device attached to it.

No body is going to steal your identity from the Exif file unless you have included your address and bank A/C details etc.

DC

but they could find out where you park your car at night and what goodies are contained in it...

RNSe anyone?

They wont know where you live if you dont have a GPS enabled digital camera, if you do, simply switch GPS off when taking pics at your home location and, we are only talking about pics that you put on internet sites.

DC

If you have a galaxy s2 go into camera then hit the settings button top right and scroll down to GPS tag. Make sure its off.

Just checked my S2 and it was off.

Cheers