for those with DSG and Tdi power

marriedblonde

Reaction score

Right noticed a couploe of things about my DSG gearbox.

Firstley there is a delay from selecting reverse to when it actually goes backwards. We're not talkinig a long time but a definate delay is this normal?

I manual mode it seems reluctant to change out of first into second I normally have to try to select the up shift several times before it finally gets round to changing.

Are these normal? Perhaps it's just my imagination...

J.

[ QUOTE ]

Right noticed a couploe of things about my DSG gearbox.

Firstley there is a delay from selecting reverse to when it actually goes backwards. We're not talkinig a long time but a definate delay is this normal?

I manual mode it seems reluctant to change out of first into second I normally have to try to select the up shift several times before it finally gets round to changing.

Are these normal? Perhaps it's just my imagination...J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is the same with mine. After selecting reverse there can be a delay. Like you say not long and probably equivalent to you letting the clutch out on a manual.

When selecting first, you have to be going fast enough to engage second. This is even more sensitive when the engine is cold. I'm used to pulling away in first and almost immediately changing to second and then giving it welly. With DSG you have to hold first a little longer.

Hope this helps !

I would think the delay is so you can move from P to D or D to P going passed reverse without it engaging?

Jappper,

Thanks the same as mine then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gizze,

Had I actually bother to think about it makes sense! your more than likely right!

Cheers guys this is the first old mans car I have owned /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

J.