S3 Downpipe and Sport Cat – Questions

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m currently thinking about going from Stage 1 to Stage 2+ on my S3 and this looks even more likely as Revo have now confirmed that I can run Stage 2+ software with just a downpipe and sport cat + OEM catback system, rather than going for a full turbo back system. They say that the OEM catback system, is pretty good and not that restrictive.

So I’m looking at either the MV Sport downpipe and cat which mount straight to the OEM catback system, or a Milltek downpipe and cat and use a reducer to connect it to the OEM cat back system. 2 questions really:

1) Has anyone run the above setups at Stage 2/2+, how did you find them?

2) How hard is it to fit the new downpipe? Looks like it could be a nightmare of a job and you have to disconnect the prop shaft? Any guides anywhere?

Thanks guys

I'm using the MV downpipe, it uses a reducer on my 2.0T to fit the OEM rear section, think its the same for an S3 as well. It requires the driveshaft and subframe to be removed so it can be fitted, so not a quick job.

Cheers mate. I'm pretty sure on the S3 you don't need a reducer? Might be wrong, Ill check with MV Sports.

Also I've heard that the prop needs to be disconnected but not seen about the subframe, you sure about that?

Thanks!

The MV is only 2.75" isn't it?
Not sure how much of an advantage the Miltek's 3" is over that...?

The Miltek will need a reducer to go from 3" down to the OEM cat-back (i think that is 2.5" isn't it?).

I am running Stage 2 with a Hybrid Miltek 3" Downpipe.
It uses the Miltek flange and flexi join with custom 3" straight piping and a modified OEM cat.
I hope to be running Revo Stage 2+ with this set-up without a cat-back also.

I don't think the different between 2.75" and 3" is worth the extra for the Milltek? Also, Milltek have advised me not to run their downpipe with the OEM catback, where as the MV Sports system is designed for this from the word go?

I wouldn't have a clue about the significance of the advantage of 3" over 2.75".
I think the price difference also comes into the quality of the flange and the flex join (so i've been told).

Interesting what Miltek said about not running their DP with an OEM cat-back...
Everything I have read is that the OEM cat-back is pretty unrestrictive.