Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Question S3 Downpipe and Sport Cat – Questions

Hi guys,

I’m currently thinking about going from Stage 1 to Stage 2+ on my S3 and this looks even more likely as Revo have now confirmed that I can run Stage 2+ software with just a downpipe and sport cat + OEM catback system, rather than going for a full turbo back system. They say that the OEM catback system, is pretty good and not that restrictive.

So I’m looking at either the MV Sport downpipe and cat which mount straight to the OEM catback system, or a Milltek downpipe and cat and use a reducer to connect it to the OEM cat back system. 2 questions really:

1) Has anyone run the above setups at Stage 2/2+, how did you find them?

2) How hard is it to fit the new downpipe? Looks like it could be a nightmare of a job and you have to disconnect the prop shaft? Any guides anywhere?

Thanks guys
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I'm using the MV downpipe, it uses a reducer on my 2.0T to fit the OEM rear section, think its the same for an S3 as well. It requires the driveshaft and subframe to be removed so it can be fitted, so not a quick job.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Cheers mate. I'm pretty sure on the S3 you don't need a reducer? Might be wrong, Ill check with MV Sports.

Also I've heard that the prop needs to be disconnected but not seen about the subframe, you sure about that?

Thanks!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    The MV is only 2.75" isn't it?
    Not sure how much of an advantage the Miltek's 3" is over that...?

The Miltek will need a reducer to go from 3" down to the OEM cat-back (i think that is 2.5" isn't it?).

I am running Stage 2 with a Hybrid Miltek 3" Downpipe.
    It uses the Miltek flange and flexi join with custom 3" straight piping and a modified OEM cat.
    I hope to be running Revo Stage 2+ with this set-up without a cat-back also.
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I don't think the different between 2.75" and 3" is worth the extra for the Milltek? Also, Milltek have advised me not to run their downpipe with the OEM catback, where as the MV Sports system is designed for this from the word go?

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    I wouldn't have a clue about the significance of the advantage of 3" over 2.75".
    I think the price difference also comes into the quality of the flange and the flex join (so i've been told).

Interesting what Miltek said about not running their DP with an OEM cat-back...
    Everything I have read is that the OEM cat-back is pretty unrestrictive.
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD