s3 8p2 extras

JakeG

Reaction score
hey all i am sorry if this has been asked before but i have used the search button and couldnt find my answer. i am hoping to get a s3 8p2 next year sometime i was just wondering, what optional extras did audi offer from new? also do they come with electric fold
in mirrors, armrest and cd changer as standard?

Thanks

Jake

I am sure the items you list were all optional. The S3 does have a good spec as standard though...

I am sure the items you list were all optional. The S3 does have a good spec as standard though...

oh really i thought they may of been standard. do you know where i could find a list of all the extras?

I believe they all had the armrest and electric mirrors(although folding was an option). As for cd changer, its 2011 man, get with the times!!

I believe they all had the armrest and electric mirrors(although folding was an option). As for cd changer, its 2011 man, get with the times!!

what extras would you recomend?

what extras would you recomend?

Bose
Nav
Elec fold mirrors
visibility pack (auto dim rear view mirrors & side mirrors + auto wipers & headlights)
interior ligt pack

Bucket seats

The options lists have changed over time, for instance early 8P2 cars didn't come with flat bottomed steering wheel, it was a £250 pay option. From 08 it became standard equipment (as well it should).

Standard options include (from memory):

Electric mirrors (non folding)
Heated front seats
Leather interior
Flat bottomed steering wheel
Armrest
Driver DIS with lap timer
Quattro (Haldex)
S3 Specific Suspension / Wheels / Brakes / Bumpers / Grille / Badging / Door sills / instrument cluster

I know after the facelift the options changed again (std ones), and on BE includes Nav / Bluetooth / Bose / Tints / Black Grille / Anthracite rims, but not sure what non BE covers - check Audi UK site.

The options lists have changed over time, for instance early 8P2 cars didn't come with flat bottomed steering wheel, it was a £250 pay option. From 08 it became standard equipment (as well it should).

Standard options include (from memory):

Electric mirrors (non folding)
Heated front seats
Leather interior
Flat bottomed steering wheel
Armrest
Driver DIS with lap timer
Quattro (Haldex)
S3 Specific Suspension / Wheels / Brakes / Bumpers / Grille / Badging / Door sills / instrument cluster

I know after the facelift the options changed again (std ones), and on BE includes Nav / Bluetooth / Bose / Tints / Black Grille / Anthracite rims, but not sure what non BE covers - check Audi UK site.

thank you i just had a look on audi uk and spec a car. do the 8p2 come with the same options? as i would like the following: heated front seats
armrest
bose sound system
flat based steering wheel
bucket seats ( not to fussed)
electric mirriors
leather interior
cd changer
interior light pack

also am i right in think that the black grill is called optic black option? what else do you get with this option?

Surely a current brochure will answer all your questions.
I bought a used 2010 and was fussy on colour ( Black Pearl only ), 'S' spec. , armrest essential, DSG essential, with half leather VERY comfortable heated seats and Bose. Would have liked folding mirrors as forever having to manualy fold them for the narrow lanes or conjested streets. Can live without auto-dimming. puddle lights and assorted gimmicks unless happen to have been on car chosen.

Surely a current brochure will answer all your questions.
I bought a used 2010 and was fussy on colour ( Black Pearl only ), 'S' spec. , armrest essential, DSG essential, with half leather VERY comfortable heated seats and Bose. Would have liked folding mirrors as forever having to manualy fold them for the narrow lanes or conjested streets. Can live without auto-dimming. puddle lights and assorted gimmicks unless happen to have been on car chosen.

i reckon i will pop into audi tomorrow and pick up a brochure and have a little read.

i went to audi today and picked up a brochure. i now know all the standard and optional extras they have to offer my only question is are the options for the 8p3 the same as the 8p2?

My 8P2 2007 57 plate has a big stupid round steering wheel instead of the flat bottom wheel. I will change this before long. It has electric mirrors (folding was an option) non Bose stereo etc. It has the interior light pack and the full leather recaro buckets. I don't really understand why Carlisle Audi who ordered the car new as a demo decided to order the very expensive buckets but not some of the cheaper options like the flat bottom wheel?!

When I was looking I found that most seemed to have full leather, bose and a lot actually had nav in them so keep an eye on Autotrader and I am sure you will get the spec you want.

Options on 8p2 and 8p3 are broadly the same, but nav and MFFBSW was not standard on early 8P2's.

thanks for the replys guys. i just read my post again about what extras i would like and now decided what i really want which is

armrest
bose
full leather seats (buckets would be a bonus)
flat bottom steering wheel
cd changer
sat nav (not to important as might put my double din out of my current car in)
electric fold in mirrors ( again wont put me off buying a car)
they are the main must haves i would like these aswell put can aswell fit them myself

interior light pack
black optic grill
tinted windows

do you think i am being realistic or dreaming to much?

thanks for the replys guys. i just read my post again about what extras i would like and now decided what i really want which is

armrest
bose
full leather seats (buckets would be a bonus)
flat bottom steering wheel
cd changer
sat nav (not to important as might put my double din out of my current car in)
electric fold in mirrors ( again wont put me off buying a car)
they are the main must haves i would like these aswell put can aswell fit them myself

interior light pack
black optic grill
tinted windows

do you think i am being realistic or dreaming to much?

Seems a reasonable list. I spotted a lot that had full leather (not buckets) sat nav and interior light pack.

thats quality will have to keep my eyes peeled thanks for all your help guys.

You need these:

BeautifulRS6Interior.jpg